Url Droplet - uploads files hosted online directly to your dropbox (1 Viewer)

pissypants

http://urldroplet.com/ - saves files directly to your online dropbox account.

I've found this to be really handy.
For example, let's say you're at work / abroad / on a mates laptop or on a secondary satellite netbook / ipad (
Machine A) and you want to download a file from the internet to keep on your own main machine at home / elsewhere (Machine B) on which you have dropbox installed. Just enter the url on this site and it will automatically upload it you your dropbox without the need to store it, even temporarily, to your local machine. When you switch on dropbox on Machine B it will sync from your your dropbox online to your local hard drive. (Needless to say if your Machine B is already switched on with dropbox running it will sync automatically in real time)

e.g. I use it for saving music from blogs from whatever machine I'm on at the time directly to my main PC at home...

IT'S MAGIC!

paul daniels magic.jpg

Its syncs with wherever you have it installed.

Laptop, desktop, mobile device, blackberry, iOS, android

Has cool "widgets" for your browser chrome, safari etc where you can clip a quote, the entire page or just the URL

and it syncs with everything you have it installed on.

Has a shitton of options and its free.
Its ad supported for the free one, but the ads only appear in the desktop application & its really only ads for their premium services. You won't see a macdonalds logo anywhere or anything.

Its the business.

Sounds like I've been barking up the wrong tree so.
Heard Evernote mentioned a number of times, but whenever I looked at the website I was confused as to what it actually did and how well it did it...

Yeah, its a bit daunting at first. I had it installed for about a year before I used it. Now I use it constantly & have never even come close to my monthly limit.

Its not just for clippings, use it as a notebook, task manager (to do lists), audio notes, recording ideas, anything. The fact that it syncs with pretty much anything is what makes it.

Sure try it out anyway, seems like a more elegant solution that what you suggested in the OP to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back