ultimate heaviness on thursday (1 Viewer)

damien

Since 2000
cmon, kids, remember the grind days...

GZ Presents

Narcosis (UK)
Morose (UK)
Bastard Youth
Scientific Bong

The Temple, 71 Upper Dorset St, Dublin 1
Thursday 6 February
Doors 8pm Sharp, Adm ˆ6

Two of the UK's finest underground metal bands make it to Ireland for a weekend of extreme distruction in February. Over the past two years, Wigan's Narcosis have proven that extreme music is still well alive and kicking, with European tours alongside Down To Fail, My Own Lies, Stack, Skulls And Flames and Makiladores and a debut album produced by Paul"Bagg"Siddens (NAPALM DEATH, CATHEDRAL, IOD) under their belt. Having also played with the likes of Converge, Melt Banana, From Ashes Rise and American Heritage, Narcosis seem ready to unleash their frightening mix of thunderously heavy guitars, pounding drumbeats and gut-wrenching vocals on our lonley isle. Morose may hail from down south, but that doesn't mean their brand of death metal/grindcore is any less intense than their northern counterparts. Originally formed in 1997 as a sludge/noise band, after various line-up changes and fall-outs Morose finally seem to have settled on a winning formula. Despite this, they're never managed to make it outside of the UK, making this their first ever overseas tour.

What the press say:

Narcosis
"They fucking blaze past like there is no tomorrow" - Maximum Rock 'N' Roll

"Narcosis too, seem to be attempting to capture the sound of a motorway pile-up on tape, but theirs is a riffier more defined noise with impressively manic drumming and some frightening clackers-in-a-vice squealing from vocalist Johnboy." - Kerrang

"Narcosis starts off by kicking out three tracks of vicious grind with some of that crazy Cryptopsy-esque chaos/technicality. There are tons of changes and a bit of variety (even the rare, brief clean passage), with a diverse high/low vocal attack" - Aversion Online

"This record is fucking amazing.9 excellent bastard fast tracks on one side,but side 2 swings it for me '...with a sickening thud'. Played again and again at full volume,this record has hardly left the turn table. Ace live, ace on vinyl,from Wigan and able to gurn like you've never seen in gurning history...tremendous.With the ex singer of Underclass/Hard to Swallow
fronting the band what can you expect but top notch grinding hardcore. I love it." - Reason To Believe

"They do seem to take opportunities to interweave melodic patterns within the brutalising grind, and the monumental sound lets you pinpoint specific elements. A fully absorbing and intense experience." - Friend Of The Devil

Morose
"Morose lay waste with a distorted wall-of-grind and noise combined with some relentless drumming. All that mayhem combined with the fierce vocals make for a good listen." - MRR

"Presented on a slab of 7" vinyl so thick it could double as a discus, Morose use their side for what appears to be 'dragged kicking and screaming: amovement in three parts'. 'Ear Candy' -starts off amidst squaling guitars and rudimentary blastbeats like a vortex revving up to optimum velocityto suck it's hapless, squealing vocalist in and batter him senseless in the process. 'King in Yellow' then introduces a guttural nemesis to maul him for good measure, and the final, inappropriately titled 'Inertia' decides to escalate the tempo to the kind of frantic-infant fever pitch not heard since Happy Flowers heyday. A grind odyssey, of sorts." - Terrorizer

"Dagenham bruisers Morose peddle insane noisecore thrashings permeated by the deranged howls and belchings of a man who still managed to get out of bed on the wrong side despite it being pushed tightly up against a wall." - Kerrang

Support for the Dublin gig comes courtesy of Bastard Youth, the former crust/metal gods who have supposedly "done a Neil Young" with their new album after an intense period of opiate use, and Scientific Bong, those ganjabinoid theorists whose love for the Chron is only matched by their ability to "shake it".

Web links:

Morose www.morose.org.uk
Narcosis www.angelfire.com/extreme3/narcosis/main.html
Deathstill Records www.deathstill.co.uk

wuss music, most people don't realize that you're a hardcore hip-hop fan

this is tonight folks! i've seen enough boasting on this board about how many legendary extreme metal gigs were attended "back in the day" by all and sundry. dont be fools, its gonna crush yr skull with rock.

(doors open 9pm, first band bastard youth at 9.30, late-ish bar too with reasonable prices too.)

er, just realised i've neglected you boggers and northern types.. Narcosis and Morose also play:

Fri 7: Cork, The Wolfhound Tavern (free adm)
Sat 8: Belfast, Giro's/The Centre
Sun 9: Limerick, The High Stool

here, damien, whatever happened you liking arab strap an' all that other fakeindie wuss music?

i like a lot of different stuff, something that people on each side seem to find fairly difficult to understand...
and anyway, i did the gig/tour for these guys cos they asked and seemed nice, not cos i'm the world's biggest grind-core fetishist... wouldn't ever rule out putting on a band because of their musical style.

Originally posted by damien
... wouldn't ever rule out putting on a band because of their musical style.
...just so long as they turn a profit, eh?

;)

err

hmm, this is a joke, right?

(having never ever made a personal profit from a gig and taking into consideration the fact that most gigs i've ever done have lost money because of my unwillingness to raise admission prices)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back