Thumped classifieds experiment. (1 Viewer)

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
I'm trying out a hosted classifieds service called Enthusify if anyone wants to give it a go at http://thumped.com/bbs/classifieds.php.

It's just set up for musical instruments / equipment at the moment. They take a 3% commission on sales, and we get .25% (unless you're a supporter in which case the .25% is waived).

I'm not 100% convinced, so feedback more than welcome.

What's the benefit of this over what we already have? Also what happens if you sell somewhere else do you still need to give 3% seeing as you listed it here, same question if you're haggled down on the price. I think if I'm gonna pay for a listing then ebay would be the place to go.

What's the benefit of this over what we already have? Also what happens if you sell somewhere else do you still need to give 3% seeing as you listed it here, same question if you're haggled down on the price. I think if I'm gonna pay for a listing then ebay would be the place to go.

well first of all it's free to post a listing - you only pay the 3% cut if you sell through their system, and then as far as i know it's only if you use their payment options.

I suppose the most obvious benefit is that it's an extra place to list things, and it looks better than the standard thread display you have here already. It's also tied into your user profile.

But like i said - it's just an experiment for now, and i'm not 100% convinced about it myself yet. Maybe lash something up and see what happens? You can cancel the listing if you want.

Oh and here's a video.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

and there's also

Show my item to buyers on similar forums. (free)
Show my item to buyers on eBay and craigslist. (free)
Show my item to buyers on Facebook , Twitter, and Pinterest. (free)

no idea how that works though

i just threw a test listing up there now

anyway here's their marketing pitch:

For Sellers
Don't pay listing fees or wonder if a buyer's payment is in the mail. Don't waste time listing your items for sale in noisy marketplaces where the items won't be found. Use Enthusify to target your audience and get paid.

Benefits to Sellers

Get Exposure -
Buyers can find your listing in your favorite forum and related forums that are members of the Enthusify network. Your listing will also show up in popular search engines. Additionally, when available, Enthusify advertises your listing through display ads that appear on sites related to your listing.

Sell Directly -
Buyers can use a Visa, MasterCard, or Discover credit card to pay for your item directly through the marketplace.

Shipping Made Easy -
Enthusify notifies you when your item sells. Enthusify collects all the information you need to ship the item. You ship the item directly to the buyer.

Get Paid -
Enthusify transfers the funds to you via PayPal after a fourteen day escrow period. The escrow period provides a buffer to protect buyers from unscrupulous sellers.

No Listing Fees

We Support Your Community -
When you are creating a listing, you will see an estimate of how much you should expect to receive if your item successfully sells. The size of the estimate will vary from item to item and from site to site. A portion of each sale may go toward supporting the forum where you created your listing. Additionally, Enthusify collects a performance fee which is used to fund a variety of activities associated with a successful marketplace transaction like credit card interchange fees, promoting your listing, and security.

and

For Buyers
Enthusify was designed for enthusiasts by enthusiasts. We designed a 14 day buyer protection period to address the most frustrating and common marketplace issues that arise in enthusiast communities.

Enthusify Buyer Protection

When you use your Visa, Master Card, or Discover card to buy an item from a seller in a marketplace powered by Enthusify, you benefit from buyer protections. Enthusify holds your funds in escrow for fourteen (14) days before transferring your payment to the seller. If you have any concerns about the seller or the item you purchased in that fourteen day period, you can request a full refund.

Support Your Community

Enthusify powers marketplaces in some of the most active communities of enthusiasts on the web. By using the Enthusify platform, you are supporting your preferred enthusiast community and the people who use it.

Security

Enthusify adheres to the international PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliance standards for data security. PCI compliance is the gold standard for security as it pertains to protecting credit card information. We have to pass a strict audit every year in order to maintain our PCI compliance. You can rest assured when you are using Enthusify that your information is managed to the highest standards in the payment industry.

We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to encrypt your data as it travels from your browser to our servers. SSL is the industry standard for secure browser communication. Once your data arrives on our servers we encrypt it using Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) algorithms. AES is used by the U.S. government and is accepted as the worldwide data encryption standard. Our servers run in a state-of-the-art hosting center and are tightly locked down by firewalls. Our firewall rules restrict who and what can access our servers We even pay third party companies to scan our networks and look for vulnerabilities in our systems.

We do our best to protect your data. You can help to protect yourself by ensuring you have anti-virus software that is running and is up-to-date. Hackers can take advantage of out-of-date software, so make sure that your operating system and browser are up-to-date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back