The Slane Girl Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HA "Sensible people"?

Sensible people do not involve themselves in this sort of thing. Fucked up zealots involve themselves in this sort of thing and it spirals out of control.

Has the Dail debated it yet ? Get back to me with your "sensible people" argument after they ban the internet on the basis that children will see it.

I'm not talking about politicians, I'm not talking about zealots, I'm talking about cops, and despite their depiction as a bunch of lazy bumbling muck savages and a number of high profile bad apples generally a guard won't want to charge someone for piddly little shit unless the person in question gives them a reason to beyond their crime, perhaps because they're lazy bumbling muck savages who don't want to do the work.

I'm not talking about politicians, I'm not talking about zealots, I'm talking about cops, and despite their depiction as a bunch of lazy bumbling muck savages and a number of high profile bad apples generally a guard won't want to charge someone for piddly little shit unless the person in question gives them a reason to beyond their crime, perhaps because they're lazy bumbling muck savages who don't want to do the work.

Or unless the zealots by weight of vocal opinion force the hand of a weak willed but equally vocal politician who in turn forces the "issue" and puts pressure on the guards to be seen to be doing something about this issue which they know is fuck all to begin with but are powerless to state that "this is bullshit" without being slandered in the media as "lazy bumbling muck savages who don't want to do the work."

Also, if ranty loud zealots had their way every banker in the country would have their head on a pike right now. And how's that worked out?

No politician wants to be seen to be involved in that, it's actual work. This on the other hand is the exact sort of piddly shit that they all jump on as soon as possible.

Or unless the zealots by weight of vocal opinion force the hand of a weak willed but equally vocal politician who in turn forces the "issue" and puts pressure on the guards to be seen to be doing something about this issue which they know is fuck all to begin with but are powerless to state that "this is bullshit" without being slandered in the media as "lazy bumbling muck savages who don't want to do the work."

Even in the scenario you described above with the theoretical borderline statutory rape case if public outrage/mouthy zealotry forced an arrest in reality the case then could be considered to be sub-judice, it couldn't really be talked about and the cops/DPP can decide that yes, it is bullshit and it can go away quietly, especially as some other shitstorm will likely crop up soon enough. As I said above, for something like that to stick the family of the underage person would really have to push for it.

But that's a theoretical situation, this thread is about an actual thing and given the current available information I'd be really shocked if any charges are brought over this.

Even in the scenario you described above with the theoretical borderline statutory rape case if public outrage/mouthy zealotry forced an arrest in reality the case then could be considered to be sub-judice, it couldn't really be talked about and the cops/DPP can decide that yes, it is bullshit and it can go away quietly, especially as some other shitstorm will likely crop up soon enough. As I said above, for something like that to stick the family of the underage person would really have to push for it.

But that's a theoretical situation, this thread is about an actual thing and given the current available information I'd be really shocked if any charges are brought over this.

Me too, but I never said there would be charges or convictions I said there'd be a manhunt. I said there'd be out cry and questions raised in the dail. I said the whole idea of the guards being involved in this was bullshit and would lead nowhere.

The population and the media don't give two fucks about justice or charges or even about the welfare of those involved. They just want to see action, and it doesn't matter what that action is so long as they can say "something has to be done" and get the answer "something is being done"

That's my point.

thats all very interesting but personally speaking, my main concern would be for the wellbeing of the girl involved. The indo article may have been overplaying things somewhat (jaysus I hope they were) but they mentioned she had to be sedated she was in such a terrible state.

I think everything else mentioned pales to a distant second place.

thats all very interesting but personally speaking, my main concern would be for the wellbeing of the girl involved. The indo article may have been overplaying things somewhat (jaysus I hope they were) but they mentioned she had to be sedated she was in such a terrible state.

I think everything else mentioned pales to a distant second place.

There's nothing that can be done there though, and like every bullied teen (before the internet and now and in the future) she's alone with this. All the external and familial support in the world will mean very little because it's the hurt inside that really counts and some strangers words of derision on the internet has more affect than anything said by loved ones, friends and family members. It's unfortunate, it's not fair. But there is no "fair" that's life. It's almost easier to have an arm cut off than it is deal with this sort of thing. If you lose an arm no matter how it happens, how grave the mistake you make or how at fault you are there's an out pouring of sympathy and support and then there's a physical injury to focus on and to overcome. This is ultimately a big nothing. A big nothing that will follow the poor girl around for a long while. Time heals all wounds I suppose.

It's part of why everyone goes on a rampage for action to be taken. They feel helpless.

It'll be someone else's 15 minutes soon and trust me no one on the internet has learned anything from this.

It'll be someone else's 15 minutes soon and trust me no one on the internet has learned anything from this.

it reminds me of an incident a few years back where some total nobody Irish athlete failed a drugs test (I can't even remember his name).

Normally it might be worth a couple of sentences on a sports bulletin, but because it happened in August it made the headlines for several days running.

Why I was reminded of that is because it happened around this time of year. They struggle to fill news bulletins/column inches with local stuff (sure theres all the horrible stuff happening far away, but thats far away so they can't spend too long on it) so they'll drag the arse out a nothing story which, lets face it, this is.

I don't disagree with you. And theres nothing I can do about it. But the welfare of that girl is where my concerns are focused right now. Not that I don't care about any of the rest of it. Just not as much, by a long shot, as that.

Even the twitter stuff is ridiculous, I'm sure half the people calling her a slut were girls to begin with.

I'd say this is spot on. In someways, I'm so glad there was no internet when I was growing up but part of me wishes the opposite. I'd like to think if I was worried that something I did might be caught on film and distributed at a click of a button that I wouldn't have done half the shit I did back then. I might have studied more and actually done something with my life. probably not though. All I know is, I am very happy I don't have kids. I'd never sleep.

when i think of all the embarassing, illegal, impulsive, reckless and just plain stupid things i did when i was a teenager, i’m so glad there was no twitter back then.

I'd like to think if I was worried that something I did might be caught on film and distributed at a click of a button that I wouldn't have done half the shit I did back then.

And you might have turned out
A. a better person

or

B. a completely repressed conservative fuck up.

That's what I meant by it being a sad day for blowjobs. The internet and the "total coverage" society is robbing teens to the right to make mistakes like this. We're contributing to a world full of Tom Cruises. You can't expect teenagers to control every impulse. But if you point a camera at them 24/7 they will. Big brother is watching so behave and what's worse is we're doing it to ourselves. It's self inflicted. It's not a government or the authorities it's us. there's no Stasi but there's a whole generation of informants and it is literally the plot of The Crucible being played out time and again.

And you might have turned out
A. a better person

or

B. a completely repressed conservative fuck up.

That's what I meant by it being a sad day for blowjobs. .

My guess would be A (as in a more well-rounded informed individual) and I don't think it's a bad day for blow jobs. Blow jobs will still happen but maybe a bit more hidden, which isn't a bad thing. I don't want to see them at gigs that I go to any time soon.

I think it's reached the opposite side now where kids are so use to cameras 24/7 that they drop their guard. Despite not having the internet, I still feared getting caught because it would be embarrassing. Now embarrassing can be rewarded. Look at Jackass. People will make bad judgements all the time. Blow jobs are fine. Yay, for blow jobs! Just not in public places with thousands of people because you (giver and/or receiver) will probably regret it.

My guess would be A (as in a more well-rounded informed individual) and I don't think it's a bad day for blow jobs. Blow jobs will still happen but maybe a bit more hidden, which isn't a bad thing. I don't want to see them at gigs that I go to any time soon.

I think it's reached the opposite side now where kids are so use to cameras 24/7 that they drop their guard. Despite not having the internet, I still feared getting caught because it would be embarrassing. Now embarrassing can be rewarded. Look at Jackass. People will make bad judgements all the time. Blow jobs are fine. Yay, for blow jobs! Just not in public places with thousands of people because you (giver and/or receiver) will probably regret it.
Yay indeed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back