the ryanair rant thread (1 Viewer)

booking a ryanair flight is like a scene from Radiers of the Lost Ark. Little boobytraps everywhere on the site to confuse you into spending more money.

Hey skyscanner.com is good for flight bookings if you don't already know it, gives you the prices including taxes. Select 'whole month' on the calendar bit instead of a specific date so you can find the cheapest ones. Inevitably it will lead me to a ryanair flight. I think they've gotten rid of that god-awful tune whilst you're waiting to take off, finally. Also a good tip to avoid card charges to is to find a friend with visa-electron because fuck knows why but there's no charge for that card.

Just booked some flights with them now. There's a €5 manditory online check in fee with them. But isn't the only way to check in with them these days is by doing it online?

Normally I'm agree with a lot of Morman Nailer's points from above defending them but that's just a dick fucking move.

yeah i guess they have to put through the transaction for each leg of the flight separately. by carrier pigeon maybe. they do know how to make things hard for themselves, eh?

I saw a German news piece with O'Leary on it yesterday. First he was in his office ith his feet slung up on the table, and the next talkover was him walking down the hall and some office lackey asks him to sign something, which he proceeded to do by scrawling his signature the size of the whole page on it. His facial expression was pure 'I'm a mad fella, amn't I' paddywhackery.
Fucking prick

am in the airport at the moment; there was a kid about eight, walking to the gates, with his mum and a younger brother.

'what airline are we flying?'
'ryanair'
'aw shit'
'JONATHAN!'

Just booked some flights with them now. There's a €5 manditory online check in fee with them. But isn't the only way to check in with them these days is by doing it online?

Normally I'm agree with a lot of Morman Nailer's points from above defending them but that's just a dick fucking move.

Check the flights I booked again as I was telling someone about the otherwise cheapness of the flight home from ATP. They've since stopped charging for the online check in.

It's a piece of shit airline with a pricing structure to match.
Before making any pacts or having any dealings with them you must be focused, prepared and ultra-vigilant. You will need the spirit and heart of a warrior to come out on top. (and noise cancelling headphones to minimise the barrage of muzak and continual hawking noise).
It's open warfare and any booking and flight successfully negotiated without an extra charge, queue or premium rate phone call should be seen as a glorious victory and evidence of your awesome prowess in bed.

What you get in return however is a fare so cheap that a €5 obligatory "extra" is enough to cause a murderous rage in an otherwise mild mannered person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back