the ryanair rant thread (1 Viewer)

this interpretation is bollocks. like hugh and RSJ mentioned below, there's no priority boarding for people with kids, the elderly or ill. but there is priority boarding for people who pay for it and only travel with hand-luggage - the second criterion eliminating almost anyone who might need priority boarding. it's arrogant bullshit that writes off the notion that anyone might have needs beyond those of a healthy, childless celtic tiger brat.

i hate ryanair and the scramble for seats and the bumpier-than-bumpy flights. and i never, never book with them - aer lingus is only marginally more expensive for most journeys i make, and a world apart in terms of the experience, which i find bad enough anyway - but sometimes group travel means i don't have a choice. i think cheap shorthaul flights are an environmental scourge, so i'm not even grateful for that.

Is there first class on Ryanair? - No
Is there Ryanair miles? - no
Is there a gold circle lounge or any of that shit? - no

So my interpretation isn't bollocks.

And if your so uptight about everything that unassigned seating causes you problems I'd say your better off at home with your embroidery:)

You'd want to be careful about the baggage weight thing. I was 4 KG over on a Ryanair flight before, ended up costing me about €50 extra in charges, so if you're going to be near 23KG it could cost you a lot!

I think it's about 8 euro a kilo with both Ryanair and Aer Lingus. The worst part is having to queue again.

Is there first class on Ryanair? - No
Is there Ryanair miles? - no
Is there a gold circle lounge or any of that shit? - no

So my interpretation isn't bollocks.

And if your so uptight about everything that unassigned seating causes you problems I'd say your better off at home with your embroidery:)

but none of those things have anything to do with the point i was making - that some people have needs that make queueing and rushing on in a big crowd difficult, and ryanair does not give a shit. i find it disgusting, in any context, that money can get you conveniences that need cannot. so, yes, on that point i maintain that it is bollocks.

ain't nothing wrong with embroidery, either.

we got stung hugely on over-weight baggage going to italy..so we pretty much wore every item of clothing on the way back to avoid paying extra..funny thing is when we were coming home from sweden we had a rake of bags and were way over and we werent charged anything..

while on the holiday in italy we missed our british airways flight home becuase of the stupid train..we went to the british airways desk in the iarport and the guy told us to be back at 11 the next morning and we could get that flight home...jsut in case i checked the ryanair flights and i was told it would cost us 80 euro each to get home..

next morning we rocked up to the airport only to be told that british airways wouldnt change our flights and the guy from the night before was talking bollocks and it was going to cost us a grand to get to london!so we decide on the ryanair flights which had shot up to 250e each..and the dude made us pay 20e each in cash for taxes...so 500e for a one way flight..totally shite..but not ryanairs fault i suppose..fuck british airways..

but none of those things have anything to do with the point i was making - that some people have needs that make queueing and rushing on in a big crowd difficult, and ryanair does not give a shit. i find it disgusting, in any context, that money can get you conveniences that need cannot. so, yes, on that point i maintain that it is bollocks.

ain't nothing wrong with embroidery, either.

i somehow managed to book myself priority boarding for me ryanair flights today - i didnt mean to though and there were fuck all people on the flights anyway so it made no difference.

its something to do with baggage..if yr not checking any bags they automatically sign you up for priority boarding and its up to you to un-tick the box..otherwise yr charged 6/8euro for the privilege..

Mates of mine were travelling from stanstead to ireland with ryanair tonight, got tickets for the three of them for £50 total. Turned up to find out their flight was cancelled and they would be refunded. They asked if they could get the next flight to dublin (they're flying to the US in the morning) and they said "yeah, no problem. With the £50 refund from your cancelled flight it'll be... £150 extra".

Cunts.

Mates of mine were travelling from stanstead to ireland with ryanair tonight, got tickets for the three of them for £50 total. Turned up to find out their flight was cancelled and they would be refunded. They asked if they could get the next flight to dublin (they're flying to the US in the morning) and they said "yeah, no problem. With the £50 refund from your cancelled flight it'll be... £150 extra".

Cunts.

i just flew to switzerland for a work junket with Swiss Air. The flight was delayed by about 30 minutes because of mental storms so they started handing out the drinks and swiss chocolates.

its something to do with baggage..if yr not checking any bags they automatically sign you up for priority boarding and its up to you to un-tick the box..otherwise yr charged 6/8euro for the privilege..
actually theres a serious issue..as far as i know(happened to me once) is that if one passenger doesnt check in bags(thus qualifying for priority no?) but is travelling with people who are, then they cant get priority boarding..even if you pay for it.

actually theres a serious issue..as far as i know(happened to me once) is that if one passenger doesnt check in bags(thus qualifying for priority no?) but is travelling with people who are, then they cant get priority boarding..even if you pay for it.

seriously?thats pretty shite...but i hate the idea of paying to get on a plane first..

Cunts.

http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/Learning_Zone/Guides_To_Consumer_Law/Travel/Delayed flights/

Your rights in the event of a flight cancellation depend on when you are informed of the cancellation. If a flight is cancelled without prior warning, the airline must offer passengers the choice between:
  • Reimbursement of the full cost of the ticket for the parts of the journey not made, and
  • Re-routing under comparable transport conditions to their final destination at the earliest opportunity. Re-routing may also be at a later date at the passenger's convenience, subject to the availability of seats.
If your journey involves connecting flights, and if the purpose of your journey is now pointless, they must reimburse you for parts of the journey already made.
For example, you would be entitled to a reimbursement for a flight from Shannon to Dublin if you were supposed to connect at Dublin for a London flight for a meeting that, thanks to the delay, you can no longer attend. In this case you would also be entitled to a return flight to your original point of departure in Shannon.
The regulations also provide for the payment of financial compensation to passengers, in addition to reimbursements and re-routing. Note that you are not entitled to compensation if:
  • The airline can prove that the flight cancellation was caused by extraordinary circumstances which couldn't have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken. The EU regulations give examples such as political instability, bad weather, security risks, unexpected flight safety shortcomings and strikes
  • The airline gave you adequate notice of the cancellation
Worth investigating.

See this is the thing - the flight wasn't *exactly* cancelled - the plane wasn't able to come from germany so they used a smaller aircraft for the flight, boarded the first people to the desk, and cancelled everyone else's tickets. The lads said the desk wasn't even open when they arrived, they had to go look for an information desk to be told that their flight was going without them. I'm guessing that falls under overbooking?

I see.

So... I have had they cancel all flights, and then run and hide.
Like, so there was no on in the Airport that will admit to having anything to do with Ryanair.
So you are left standing there, at the terminal, absolutely fucked, and able to talk to no one.

So... I mean, yeah. Me and the girlfriend would have been still completely screwed, even if we knew our rights... which we didn't.

Having said that I might have gone into absolute cunt mode, and just created havoc till I was let on a plane, had the gf not been there to sort of shame me into semi reasonable behavior.

See this is the thing - the flight wasn't *exactly* cancelled - the plane wasn't able to come from germany so they used a smaller aircraft for the flight, boarded the first people to the desk, and cancelled everyone else's tickets. The lads said the desk wasn't even open when they arrived, they had to go look for an information desk to be told that their flight was going without them. I'm guessing that falls under overbooking?

Sounds like it, but short of actually being there its hard to be certain.

Definitely worth pursuing, start here

Make sure they have the details right.

i just flew to switzerland for a work junket with Swiss Air. The flight was delayed by about 30 minutes because of mental storms so they started handing out the drinks and swiss chocolates.

Swiss Air rule. I flew to Tanzania with them once. Free champagne! And this was economy class.

swissair sort of rule

we flew with them to rome for our wedding, despite entailing a stopover in zurich (rather than a direct flight) because they had promised they would be able to take care of the wedding dress, when other airlines laughed at us.

however, when we got on board, they did nothing of the sort, and just put it across some seats.
the free chocolates worked out well though, we got one each, then saw this dude ask for extra, and get one or two more. so we thought hell with it, and asked for more. they deposited an absolute chocolate mountain on our laps, and brought back a box of lindt chocolates from first class. very deadly.

however, on our return home, things went pair shaped. it was a code share with lufhanthsa (pretty much the same company now), and when we checked in we found our flights had been changed, with no notification, and we now had a massive layover in frankfurt airport, the worlds worst airport, i reckon.

i was fairly annoyed at this stage, so asked the girl at check in was there any chance of an upgrade, and she told us immediately no, that business class totally sold out.

thought no more of it, went to the lufhanthsa desk to register a complaint about the flight change non notification. the guy there was amazing, saw we were pissed off and immediately goes "we have tons of free seats in business class, i shall upgrade you for starters". so the woman at the check in lied to us.

this guy also said he could do nothing from there for our connecting flight, but to identify ourselves to his colleague in frankfurt and there would be no problems.
business class flight to frankfurt was amazing, hoorah!

frankfurt was balls though. went to the ticket desk as we were told, only for the guys there to say there was nothing they could do for us.

"but your colleague in rome was able to upgrade us"
"i am sorry, he can't have, it's not possible" x 10,000,000

eventually the guy folded and said he had put a marker on our booking to upgrade us at boarding

waited hours in the airport, then went for boarding, only to be told no such remark had been made. i totally lost the rag then, called over the flight manager and went through the days events again. he told us that our flight upgrade from rome couldn't have happened, and that considering the flight change we should count ourselves lucky to even be on this flight

at this point i just gave up.
have since complained to swiss air and lufhanthsa, swiss air immediately send a couple of hundred quid in vouchers and were so apologetic, whereas lufhanthsa replied saying tough shit and "we hope this doesn't put you off flying with us in the future"
hah!

fuckers

frankfurt airport, the worlds worst airport, i reckon.

my memories of frankfurt airport was an overnight wait - drinking whiskey and vodka (snorting vodka came into it somehow) with a bunch of comlumbians that were being "deported" and Buzzo, locked, riding on the back of a cleaning machine and waking up on the floor with everyone else asleep on the floor and chairs with booze spilt everywhere and the airport filled with loads of people looking at us like we were injecting them with aids and the nearly missing our flight to russia.

simpler times.

i havent even done the trip yet and yet i know it's gonna frustrate the hell outta me.

im using them for the last leg of my journey back to live in dublin again and instead of feeling elation and excitement when i got the confirmation email - i got a feeling of dread. because they are such little pricks, and i've never liked flying with them. like charging me heaps of GBP along the way for little things. i have to pay 15 quid for my snowboard to be put into the fucking plane!!!!!!1:mad:

AND because im effectively leaving HK i will have HEAVY luggage. oasis will probably turn a blind eye and their limit is 23KG - but im fucked when it comes to taking the ryanair leg of the journey cos their max is 15KG.

why oh why did i book with those cunts? i hate them.

what started as a 24 pound flight home ended up costing me close to 80.

W.A.N.K.E.R.S.

Book your snowboard as extra sports gear, that'll bring your weight allowance up to 35kg, then but some the heavy stuff in that bag and don't put it on the scales. The extra size baggage place most likely won't have a scales (they don't in Dublin and Salzburg anyhow).

On the way out from Dublin only my bag was weighed which was well under the 35kg and on the way back I was just asked the weight of my kayak, I lied and said 15kg. Only hassle I had on my ridiculous public transport journey to the alps mit kayak was one train inspector repeatedly telling me it was too big aus Deutsch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back