The Cardiacs (1 Viewer)

google.jpg

I'm a big fan of the Cardiacs. A little man and a house and the whole world window and Heaven born and ever bright are my favourite albums.

Buds and Spawn is a great track. Particularly the version they did for the Mark Radcliffe show years ago.

Damon Albarn was a big fan I believe.

Cardiacs are my favourite band on the planet! I've traveled across to the mainland a few times (there's a crew of Irish people seem to go all the time, actually) to see em and they've consistently been my gig of the year. Sing to God is my favourite record, tied closely with On Land and In Sea.

Tim Smith, the brains behind it, had a heart attack really recently and now he's poorly and they're on hiatus from recording a new record. SOB SOB.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Jeebus cripes they are fucking awesome!Thanks for the heads up!

Cardiacs are my favourite band on the planet! I've traveled across to the mainland a few times (there's a crew of Irish people seem to go all the time, actually) to see em and they've consistently been my gig of the year. Sing to God is my favourite record, tied closely with On Land and In Sea.

There's a good few people from Thurles travel over every year to see them play. They're yowge here, fuckin yowge.

Faith No More are big fans of em too.

haha.if jamie wasnt a fan before im sure that little fact has definatly sealed the deal

deffo.

not surprised at the FNM thing, I kept hearing about them in relation to Mr Bungle (and Blur to a lesser extent) eh.."borrowing" from them over the years, which i can certainly hear.Been meaning to check them out for about 10 years, I don't know why it's taken so long! All I've heard is a tape of theirs from about 1980 with stuff like "this is the life", "dead mouse" etc, so I'll be sure to check out the albums named, thanks.

AMAZING band! seemingly ppl either reallly love em or cant stand them!! cardiacs and the toy dolls are my two fav fun bands :)

AMAZING band! seemingly ppl either reallly love em or cant stand them!! cardiacs and the toy dolls are my two fav fun bands :)

The Cardiacs are fun live but their lyrics always give me a headache trying to understand them and what the fuck they mean. It's all kind of abstract english poetry and the likes.

i went to see them twice, an i knew about a quarter of the songs, but the vibe is so quirky and fun!! watchin the singer spit in the bass players face whn he approached him to say something was good for a laugh!!

anyways i have a good bit of there stuff if anyones looking?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back