Remember mashups? (1 Viewer)

If A-Trak's Dirty South Dance album was mashup then I owe a great debt to whoever came up with the idea.

Isn't all hip hop essentially a mash up anyways?

Ah but the hip hop lads usually add their own rappin' and jivin' bits on top. A true mash-up is just two songs put together for better or worse. Generally, worse.

i have no problem with sample-based music. using a sound or a riff or a piece of vocal to build a song is very different from munging two songs together to make something that's supposed to be both songs at once (that's my take on it, anyway). it's like the artist has the technical chops to make a song but no actual ideas, so they just merge two songs together.

when i first heard mashups (too many dj's record) i thought it was a fun joke. oh isn't that so ironic. i never would have put those two tunes together. isn't that amazing how they're both in tune. woweeeee. only mashups have persisted now for about 10 years. stop already ffs.

Nope

i have no problem with sample-based music. using a sound or a riff or a piece of vocal to build a song is very different from munging two songs together to make something that's supposed to be both songs at once (that's my take on it, anyway). it's like the artist has the technical chops to make a song but no actual ideas, so they just merge two songs together.

when i first heard mashups (too many dj's record) i thought it was a fun joke. oh isn't that so ironic. i never would have put those two tunes together. isn't that amazing how they're both in tune. woweeeee. only mashups have persisted now for about 10 years. stop already ffs.

Have they though ? I forgot they existed until this thread.

for the week that's in it.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

thunderstruck probably gets more exposure through mashups than it does through the original version.

I can't see what videos people have put up but one mash up that sticks in my mind as being the nadir of the whole exercise was when some guy tried to put Parklife and God Only Knows together in one horrendous musical abortion

1st I ever heard was this one, never really paid attention to another since

Probably should have posted this in here

it has made my week

system of a down are so dreadful

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back