• No

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Abstaining

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Spoiling vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No people have referred to it as the austerity treaty, if you were trying to propose something you wouldn't call it the "kick you in the balls" plan and try to convince people to go along with it. Stability is a nice sounding word, I don't think that them calling it a nice sounding word that actually relates to what the aim is is a reason to vote against it.

It's hardly on the level of calling a fuck the gays law a defence of marriage act.

agreed. I'm sick of the whole thing now and am not going to bother casting a vote. I just don't care enough either way.

What bothers me is that FG/LP won't even try to renegotiate the agreement. On Vincent Browne las t night it was the worse ever.

Lucy Cretin comes across as a pod person or a Quisling. They won't even try to get better terms, they don't want a renegotiation. What was it Gilmore said about economic treason? This is is actual treason.

FG/LP are the European Commission Occupation Government - ECOG.

Constantin Gurdgiev tweet

So if @LCreighton were offered an opp 2 IMPROVE terms of #FST for IRL, she would turn it down? In what book does THAT make any sense? #vinb
from TweetDeck

GTCost
Constantin Gurdgiev
Retweet
Embedded with EmbedTweet

I'd hazard a guess that seeing as FG are part of the European People's Party they're just going all with that party line which I'd also hazard a guess is the party line of the German Christian Democratic Union.

I'd hazard a guess that seeing as FG are part of the European People's Party they're just going all with that party line which I'd also hazard a guess is the party line of the German Christian Democratic Union.

Yep, they are just following orders regardless of the interests of the Irish people.

What bothers me is that FG/LP won't even try to renegotiate the agreement. On Vincent Browne las t night it was the worse ever.

Lucy Cretin comes across as a pod person or a Quisling. They won't even try to get better terms, they don't want a renegotiation. What was it Gilmore said about economic treason? This is is actual treason.

FG/LP are the European Commission Occupation Government - ECOG.

Constantin Gurdgiev tweet

It's a bit daft alright. They seem to be determined to push ahead with the referendum and sign up to whatever form at all that the treaty takes after this current period of new leaders and rethinks on how to deal with the crisis

Here is the text of the letter Alexis Tsipras sent to Jose Manuel Barroso, Herman Van Rompuy, Martin Schultz and Jean-Claude Juncker. He effectively announced the end of the reign of the Quisling European Commission Occupation Government in Greece.

President of European Central Bank Mario Drago
President of the Eurogroup Jean-Claude Juncker

Athens, Thursday 10 May 2012

Dear Mr. President,

I am sending you this letter after receipt of the exploratory mandate from the Greek President to ascertain the possibility of forming a Government enjoying the confidence of Parliament, under our Constitution. This letter builds upon the previous letter I sent on 21 February.

The vote of the Greek people Sunday May 6th nullifies/delegitimizes/makes illegal the political Memorandum of Understanding / Memorandum of Economic and Financial Policy signed by the previous Papademos government and the leaders of two political parties that had guaranteed the parliamentary majority of his government. Both parties recorded a loss of roughly 3.5 million votes, totaling 33.5% share of total votes.

Please note that before this, the MoU / MEFP had already been delegitimized in terms of its potential for economic success. But it's not just that the Memorandum of Understanding / MEFP failed to achieve its own objectives. It has also failed to address the structural imbalances and inequalities of the Greek economy. SYRIZA noted over the years the inherent weaknesses of the economy. All governments who work closely with the European Union ignored our recommendations for specific reforms.

Please also note that because of the policies of the Memorandum of Understanding / MEFP, Greece in 2012 is the only European country to endure its fifth successive year of deep recession during peacetime. Moreover the Bond Exchange Program (PSI) has failed to ensure the long-term viability of Greek debt which continues rising as a share of GDP. Austerity can in no way be the cure to recession. Therefore the immediate, socially just, reversal of the continuous decline of our economy is imperative.

We must urgently ensure economic and social stability in our country. For this purpose, we must take every political initiative to reverse the austerity and recession. Because apart from the lack of democratic legitimacy, continuing a program of internal devaluation is leading economy to catastrophy without creating conditions for recovery. The internal devaluation tends to lead to a humanitarian crisis.

Thus we need to rethink the entire context of the existing strategy, since it not only threatens Greece's social cohesion and stability, but is also a source of instability for the European Union and the EuroZone itself.

The common future of the European peoples is under the threat of such catastrophic choices. It is our deeply held belief that the economic crisis is of a European nature, and thus the solution must be found at the European level.

Sincerely,

Alexis Tsipras

President K.O SYRIZA

Vice President of the European Left Party

People’s Movement Protest: ‘They told us lies then – what’s different now?’

The People’s Movement is organising a protest at IBEC’s conference in The Westin Hotel, Westmoreland St, on Wednesday, May 16th at 5:30pm.

During the Lisbon Treaty campaign IBEC promised ‘Yes For Jobs’, they lied. Now they claim a yes vote will ‘secure Ireland’s future' – once again they are lying!

Come down and support the protest.

All welcome.

http://www.people.ie

i still haven't got a clue

What about voting no rather than abstaining if you honestly don't know?

theres some new crowd rowing behind the 'No' vote. Some MEPs from England and Denmark. But get this, they have hot chicks with them.

Thats my mind made up anyways!

Its the bloody UKIP. Didn't know about the hot chicks. Whats their itinerary?

36611_10150811828921629_567821628_9308435_1538802543_n.jpg

We all saw what happens when we run ourselves.
We let the church fuck our kids and developers via Fianna Fail fuck our economy. We either knew it was going on or didn't bother looking.
Where was everyone when the tribunals were going on and the wholesale corruption of this failed state was being laid bare? They were down at Woodies buying decking or trying to buy apartments in Bulgaria.
I say let the Germans run things for a while, we have lost moral authority to govern ourselves.

I'll be voting yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back