Prince appreciation thread (1 Viewer)

Buzzo

Website
www.iprt.ie
It's been done, but it's been a while. (I'm having a Princeathon this evening).

He is the king of the universe. specially on this record, and it's cover:

B000002KLP.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

fuck yeah, the man is an absolute legend. just recently been getting into alot of his stuff, in the past i just knew 1999 and Sign 'o' the Times albums. Prince, For You, Controversy, Dirty Mind and Around the World in a Day have been on heavy rotation in my ears and mind the past few weeks. amazing stuff. downloaded some good 12" compilations as well, great extended versions of loads of super sexy tracks.
.|..| .|..| .|..|

oh and he has wrote some of the best and strangest lyrics i've ever heard. par example

I was only 16 but I guess that's no excuse
My sister was 32, lovely, and loose
She don't wear no underwear
She says it only gets in her hair
And it's got a funny way of stoppin' the juice
My sister never made love to anyone else but me
She's the reason for my, uh, sexuality
She showed me where it's supposed to go
A blow job doesn't mean blow
Incest is everything it's said to be
Oh, sister
Don't put me on the street again
Oh, sister
I just want to be your friend
I was only 16 and only half a man
My sister didn't give a goddamn
She only wanted to turn me out
She [took a whip to] me until I shout
"Oh, [motherfuckersjustamotherfucker]
Can't you understand?"
Oh, sister
Don't put me on the street again
Oh, sister
I just want to be your friend
I know what you want me to do
Put me on the street
And make me blue
Oh, sister, oohoohoooow

One of the best concerts I ever went to was Prince in the old Fleet Pavilion in Boston.He played for nearly 2 and a half hours and the set contained everything you would have wanted to hear.
not only was a great concert but everyone got a copy of his new album on the door (musicology).that is 14,000 copies at that concert and similar numbers at all the other concerts he did around the states.

LEGEND

Haven't really got into Prince yet but Susana and the Magical Orchestra's version of Condition of the :heart: reduces me to tears every time I hear it.....it deserves to be as famous as S O'C's Nothing Compares 2 U....

It's weird though, when I heard Condition of the :heart: I didn't know it was a Prince song but I guessed it was just by the sound and feel of it.....even though I don't listen to him that much. ????

That's insane. You have a lot of work to do.

Would you look at those underpants for crying out loud!!!! Definitely the best underpants on an album cover of all time.

Actually I can't keep my eyes off those abs.

Recommend a starting album and I'll pencil him in for the weekend.
And bear in mind that I was appalled with what he did to the original of Condition of the Heart, it's creepy...

Sad but I think my favourite Prince song is "I Would Die 4 U".
There are so many more worthy 'favourite Prince songs ever" but that's the one that gets me every time.

My favorite Prince Album. Basically on Dirty Mind what you have is Prince all alone in his mansion playing all the instruments and recording these fantastic songs about giving head and threesomes and sexing up his sister.

I like to think that Prince has always been a bit tounge in cheek about the explicitness of his music, videos and stage shows, and think that on Dirty Mind it's out and out nudge, nudge, wink, wink (from here on in he seemed to forget the humour with each album and it all ends up a little mirror on the ceiling and black satin sheets really). If you do accept the humour here it makes Tipper Gores outrage all the more funnier.

Dirty Mind is great, but I wouldn't call it my favourite . actually.. I'm not sure what my favourite is..

maybe Parade.. or Purple Rain.. Sign O the times..

not sure.

Favourite Prince song, though?

my favourite Prince jams are>

take me with with u
girls and boys
i no
i wish u heaven
glam slam
hot thing
i could never take the place of your man
vicki waiting

when i was around 11 i used to make my friends watch Sign Of The Times everytime they were over..they just didn't get it

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back