• Thread starter W.
  • Start date
  • Replies 16
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 0

W.

fuck dialectics
Since 2000
due to the often embarrasing attendence at gigs in dublin especially when bands come a long way im sayin it now
Wednesday the 6th of December
The Temple Dorset st.
Pachinko, Large Mound , Penfold ,Cosmonaut
i know its a bit much to ask that you go to a gig for once,,, ohh and I better see some dancing (hahaha)

And of course, if you want to see a really rockin' gig in a really rockin' place don't miss the Pachinko gig in Roscommon! Yep, Roscommon, Batty O'Briens in Knockroghery, free gig and if you need it you'll also be able to get free accomodation (just bring a sleeping bag). Nerdlinger will be supporting, it's on Friday 8th December, which I believe is a holy day if obligation (urr....) so there's no excuses for all you kids who'll be off school sitting around the house saying "Mum, I'm bored...". So now. E-mail if you need details/info. You can get here easily on the bus or train too. And the cheapest pints in the country to boot, if yeh don't mind.

Pachinko have cancelled but the gigs going ahead in Dublin though
Kormy e-mail me I lost my mobile and cant find any of yer numbers
:):(:):(:);) :(:):(:):(:):) :(:):(:):(:):( :):(:):):(:):(:):(:) :(:):(:):):(:):(:):(:);) :(:):(:):):(:);) :(:) :(:):(:):(:):):(:):(:):(:):(:):(;) :):):( :):(:):(:):(:):(:):):(:):(:):(:):(:):(:) ;) haha..

Well done to the Kids for deciding to go ahead with the Pachinko gig last night. Pity that nobody decided to show up, bands included!

What's the story with the Temple being £150, is that true! Then add that you are obliged to use a PA that costs £50! So to put on a gig in the Temple costs £200. oh, then you get to do your own sound, your 200 quid doesn't even get one. This is what I heard. I'd be very disgusted if it is true.
Jesus, whelans is cheaper than that!!
And I thought it was a "punk" venue.

Ron Keel (07-12-2000 01:18 p.m.):
Well done to the Kids for deciding to go ahead with the Pachinko gig last night. Pity that nobody decided to show up, bands included!
I'd like to apoligise on behalf of penfold who's drummer didn't show up as he is a dick. He has since been kicked out of the band for making us look like a pack of amateur kids or something aaaargh..

apologies for cosmonauts non-show (again)
our guitar player was struck down by food poisoning on the day.... great timing, huh......
that'll teach him to eat meat!
thanks to Large Mound for putting on a top set anyway.
hopefully we will get to play soon - we can't ruin every gig we try to do, right?

Well RON KEEL
The price that we get the venue for is £100 which is a rip-off, with no PA or anything but beggars can't be choosers.
We've lost so much money because of it, cos instead of just barely being able to pay ALL the bands we now end up forking out to pay the touring band.
Things are real shit right now all that money we made at the first gig with the Kabinboy is now gone and that wasn't even a year ago.
I'm pissed off at everything.
Everything is so hard and no-one is making it any easier.
I don't want suggestions i want actions.

PS thanks to everyone who did show up
Joe for the lift.
Penfold for the effort.
The people who paid in for the money.
And Large Mound for the tunes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back