Minor complaints thread (10 Viewers)

Yeah, the landlord is my mate. I thought moving in with a friend would be better than living in shared accommodation but it’s been a bit of a nightmare. The flat is falling apart, my friend is a lazy landlord and if he thinks that because we’re mates I’ll settle for things not being fixed or half arsed jobs he’s got another thing coming.

Now with his bro on the couch and his missus over all the time because she doesn’t have a living room, this tiny cramped two bedroom flat is feeling even more cramped. My friend’s supposed to be visiting for Kate Bush this month but I’ve nowhere to put him because the couch is occupied. I’ve said it before, I hate shared accommodation.

Ive been there - renting a mates spare room can be fraught with potential problems. 'well its my gaff' is the ultimate argument winner.

Yeah, the landlord is my mate. I thought moving in with a friend would be better than living in shared accommodation but it’s been a bit of a nightmare. The flat is falling apart, my friend is a lazy landlord and if he thinks that because we’re mates I’ll settle for things not being fixed or half arsed jobs he’s got another thing coming.

Now with his bro on the couch and his missus over all the time because she doesn’t have a living room, this tiny cramped two bedroom flat is feeling even more cramped. My friend’s supposed to be visiting for Kate Bush this month but I’ve nowhere to put him because the couch is occupied. I’ve said it before, I hate shared accommodation.

Move.

They banned boards.ie in work which is great but the guy who used to read it to me in work now reads me his facebook feed instead.

He also keeps telling me, in between reading out conversations he has with his mates on there, that he won't have anyone in work as a facebook friend because he wants to keep his life outside of work private.

Tried turning off everything everywhere! The swithes for the sockets can move up and down.but one goes back to the middle the odd time. I'm thinking now its the socket with with the extension cord which has plugs for amp, cd player, tuner and lamp. I have no idea what the RCD Switch is for or if its supposed to be in the up, down or middle position! I'll be laughing about it all tomorrow. ...after crying about the €60 odd quid it'll probably cost...

Show the RCD Switch this thread

I'd just move out. Fuck that shit
Much easier said than done. London is a tough place to find somewhere decent.

You'll have to talk your friend. Not in passing, but properly. Politely ask him how long the brother will be staying. Say in no uncertain terms that the place isn't really big enough for 3 people long term and the no offence but you'll be looking for somewhere else if it's not sorted pretty quickly. If he's a proper mate he'll understand, he probably knows already he's taking the piss with this.

Don't mention the rest. One battle at a time and this one seems the biggest.

Well, yes if you want to live alone, which I much rather would, then you’ll either be living in a matchbox or somewhere miles out like Forest Gate or something. Or else earn about 10 grand a year more than I currently do, and I’m not even on that bad a wage.

That's shit, mate.

Sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Activity
    So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
    The Sugar Club
    8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
    Back