Minor complaints thread (15 Viewers)

drove to kirkcaldy of all places to see cress play tonight and they never turned up - which was only announced just after the last support band finished

cue much worried milling about as people wondered if they'd been in a crash or something because they hadn't been in contact

eventually it turned out one of them had quit the band the night before and the organiser didn't get any of their many calls or texts as he had his phone turned off all day cos he was on the piss for his birthday

so one of the support bands played another set

We need a fuckin' hell icon

None of my sockets are working. Don't know the ins-and-outs of these things but something must have tripped or whatever the term is. Just happened a few mins after I boiled kettle. The lights are still ok. Any ideas?

Plug out the kettle. Check the fusebox. If one of the switches is down put it up.

If it goes again A/B it with whatever else is plugged in

Plug out the kettle. Check the fusebox. If one of the switches is down put it up.

If it goes again A/B it with whatever else is plugged in
Cheers. Tried that to no avail. Turned off all the sockets and unplugged everything. A/Bd all the switches. the only switch that wont stay up is the one called RCD. It just remains in the middle. Will have to get a real man out tomorrow. Its probably a 3 min job.

It's probably one of your appliances or your immersion. Unplug the kettle and turn off your cooker at the switch and see if the RCD will budge then. At least if you narrow it down the electrician will think you're at least some sort of halber mensch.

Tried turning off everything everywhere! The swithes for the sockets can move up and down.but one goes back to the middle the odd time. I'm thinking now its the socket with with the extension cord which has plugs for amp, cd player, tuner and lamp. I have no idea what the RCD Switch is for or if its supposed to be in the up, down or middle position! I'll be laughing about it all tomorrow. ...after crying about the €60 odd quid it'll probably cost...

Tried turning off everything everywhere! The swithes for the sockets can move up and down.but one goes back to the middle the odd time. I'm thinking now its the socket with with the extension cord which has plugs for amp, cd player, tuner and lamp. I have no idea what the RCD Switch is for or if its supposed to be in the up, down or middle position! I'll be laughing about it all tomorrow. ...after crying about the €60 odd quid it'll probably cost...

push it all the way down before pushing it back up.

Depends how old the fuseboard is. It it's the old twisty types, you may need a new one to replace a blown one, or if it's a more modern board and the breaker has simply tripped, unplug everything and flip it back up to on position, then plug everything back in one by one until you've found the culprit

Flatmate’s brother has been staying on our couch for something like six months this year. Now, I’ve only been there 2 months but it seems like he won’t leave. He’s just always there, his stuff is all over the living room and I can’t have friends visiting from Ireland stay because he’s on the couch.

Flatmate’s brother has been staying on our couch for something like six months this year. Now, I’ve only been there 2 months but it seems like he won’t leave. He’s just always there, his stuff is all over the living room and I can’t have friends visiting from Ireland stay because he’s on the couch.

quiet word with the landlord?

time for a HOUSE MEETING

the-argument.jpg

quiet word with the landlord?
Yeah, the landlord is my mate. I thought moving in with a friend would be better than living in shared accommodation but it’s been a bit of a nightmare. The flat is falling apart, my friend is a lazy landlord and if he thinks that because we’re mates I’ll settle for things not being fixed or half arsed jobs he’s got another thing coming.

Now with his bro on the couch and his missus over all the time because she doesn’t have a living room, this tiny cramped two bedroom flat is feeling even more cramped. My friend’s supposed to be visiting for Kate Bush this month but I’ve nowhere to put him because the couch is occupied. I’ve said it before, I hate shared accommodation.

Users who are viewing this thread

• chris d
  • T
  • G
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back