HOw do I roll back to a previous version of Internet Explorer? (1 Viewer)

pissypants

I was using IE7 on a Vista machine, but something got messed up with the stylesheets, so in an attempt to resolve it I installed the IE8 beta version - which then had issues of it's own.

Is there a way I can get back to IE6 or at least 7.

(I've tried running IE8 in IE7 emulation mode. Also I frequently use Mozilla and Chrome - the features I want to use online are only available for IE)

Thanks.

This would be a great time for someone to find and post a link to Bill Gates' attempt to do this in court.

As I can't access Vijo's in work, it won't be me.

Just saying, like.

It's always been difficult to roll back to an earlier version. Never try their Betas. They're always shite.

Try this. I've no idea what's on the page cos websense has blocked it.

that's just a forum link. hmm... isn't there a page online running you through how to install multiple versions of IE on one system, for testing web pages. I've never tried it because I usually use a mac but I remember there was a thread about it ages ago...

Cheers Goff,
I was actually on that page you recommended already.
Just lots of people scratching their heads, complaining about Microsoft and saying "Use Firefox instead".

I downloaded that "standalone" version of IE6 (cheers plug) but it won't run.
I extracted all the files into a folder and ran the exe, but it's saying

f_dllerrorm_5ea984f.jpg

That dll it's mentioning is in the same folder.

I thought it might be a vista compatability thing, but I tried running it in XP compatability mode to no avail.

I uninstalled the IE8 update (thanks ratmonkey) , but it's back to it's usual "I will randomly start to ignore all images and formatting at a time of my choosing" guff. :(
This is what the MSN homepage looks like in my IE7:

f_msnhomepagem_c609763.jpg

Grrrr!!

I know in XP the only way you can roll back to IE6 from IE7 is by doing a system restore to a date prior to the install. I assume it's the same for Vista.

But then obviously if you installed it a while ago, every other update and installation you've done since then will be removed too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back