Goat - World Music (1 Viewer)

Space

is deep
Supporter
Solutions
This album has been discussed a good bit in Pete's album of the year thread but I reckon it warrants it's own thread. Easily album of the year for me. They've managed to take on a whole load of influences and make something of their own. Some kinda psychedelic, afro-beat, proto fuck and stoner rock brew. As usual with Swedes it's all done with perfect style and musicianship. Probably most importantly it's got some amazing fuzzy bass work and a great back story:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

http://thequietus.com/articles/09798-goat-world-music-interview

Did I mention how cool the vinyl packaging is?

P1010794LR.jpg

CD is cool too:

333.jpg

This album has been discussed a good bit in Pete's album of the year thread but I reckon it warrants it's own thread. Easily album of the year for me. They've managed to take on a whole load of influences and make something of their own. Some kinda psychedelic, afro-beat, proto fuck and stoner rock brew. As usual with Swedes it's all done with perfect style and musicianship. Probably most importantly it's got some amazing fuzzy bass work and a great back story:

yes.yes.yes. a monster of an album. been really digging some of those analog africa/soundway reissues of west african ceol in recent years. love hearing that kind of influence in a modern album like this. only in bits of it mind. hits on loads of differemt types of music as you said. but essentially, rock. by all accounts the live show is supposed to be top drawer too. would love to see em over here at some stage.

Yeah ... Fantastic record. Actually it's the only album I have bought in recent memory that all three members of my household totally dig. There is nothing not to like about it. I want to see them live right now.

I love the Goat tunes I've heard, inspired music. Haven't read up on them or their back story. The under pinning conga percussion is what grabs me on this, but the whole sound is just... well, just listen.

Bump. This band fucking rock.

Sound, I was looking for a physical copy but this is cool. Is it pretty hard to come by?

Ah, the vinyl has been selling out quite quickly (the first press is going for mad money already). Norman has the CD here:

http://www.normanrecords.com/records/135427-goat---world-music

They're getting more of the vinyl version later in the month...

...Actually, Piccadilly Records in Manchester have the vinyl:

http://www.piccadillyrecords.com/products/Goat-WorldMusic-RocketRecordings-84659.html

We got the records from Norman a few weeks ago.

I ordered this on the back of all your jazz talk. I'll report back on whether or not you are all deluded next week.

my mates just seen them at austin psych fest.

they were saying the next record will probably be better than the first if its anything to go by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back