FLAGllll (1 Viewer)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
!

...nice to see the usual wall of gadget clutching buffoons scrambling for their few bytes of digital blur...

Guys this old playing this era of Black Flag is weird... It's like a resignation to the fact that that the only worthwhile music they did was in their late teens and early 20s... and it certainly seems like a waste of Bill Stevenson & Steven Egerton...

Another new song from Black Flag

!

Saw them in Belgium a few weeks ago. Good craic for sure, streams of stage divers and everyone going nuts but I definitely felt there were times when their age was showing a bit, when they seemed a bit tired and cranky about people bumping into the monitors and stuff . Figures though, if I have as much energy as Keith Morris does at his age I'll be happy enough with myself. Really made me think that they must have been just phenomenal in their heyday. Well worth a watch all the same!

Rollins made Black Flag shit.

... there's a direct correlation between the decline in Greg Ginn's songwriting and the ultimate floundering in direction of Black Flag... their perceived peaks and troughs in creativity had little to do with any of their vocalists... However, I can't imagine they would have made it through some of their most challenging material with Ron or Dez singing... and for the band to continue churning out the Hermosa Beach hardcore of their early EPs into the 80's would have become redundant very quickly... there are definitely ill conceived song choices and some shoddy production on several of their releases but there's also a lot of clarity and sonic bravery... the ongoing esteem they are held in is for this as much as for their vibrant punk roots...

Haha!! First song.

Can't say I'm gonna be worried about not being able to afford this

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back