Expression / volume pedal issue (1 Viewer)

ernesto

Stank you very much
Supporter
Solutions
Website
strikeaction.bandcamp.com
oh hai all.
right, i have a Boss PS-5 Pitchshifter pedal and a Bespeco VM-13 ZUM expression/volume pedal.
1850_foto_1.jpg

big.jpg

the expression pedal has a TRS 1/4" connection which i connect a stereo lead to the EXP jack on the Boss unit.
the Bespeco pedal also has an Input and An Output and i have these connected in my signal chain with pedals either side.
i was hoping that when the Boss PS-5 pedal is off/disengaged that the Bespeco pedal acts as a volume pedal but no such luck. am i doing something wrong or is it simply 'chose one or the other'?

there is also a knob (huh) at the side but all this does is make the Bespeco pedal a volume pedal as well as adjusting pitch when the PS-5 is on.

any advice? am i barking up the wrong tree?

I doubt you can do both. Even if you could the expresssion would have to always work as volume pedal so you'd end up changing volume when trying to use it as an expression for the PS 5. I can't see how the PS 5 could tell the expression that it was disengaged and to work as a volume and vice versa.

I doubt you can do both. Even if you could the expresssion would have to always work as volume pedal so you'd end up changing volume when trying to use it as an expression for the PS 5. I can't see how the PS 5 could tell the expression that it was disengaged and to work as a volume and vice versa.

well that makes sense. cheers Moose

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back