DIY scene Dublin (1 Viewer)

bumdom

I'm looking to rekindle an itch for playing shows and sharing my music. I used to play DIY shows in Los Angeles and Orange Country California, both with full band and as individual sets, so ideally I would like to play for people with that same type of mindset to avoid boring or weirding out the wrong crowd with my dark folk-rock tunes. Please, anyone point me into the right direction to people who put shows like this together in Dublin.

thankkssss

Here are two old band rough recordings to give a gist of what play.. but solo I sound much less dancy and more "post-folk" so to speak
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here are two old band rough recordings to give a gist of what play.. but solo I sound much less dancy and more "post-folk" so to speak

Both good. That second track is a cracker.

I'm looking to rekindle an itch for playing shows and sharing my music. I used to play DIY shows in Los Angeles and Orange Country California, both with full band and as individual sets, so ideally I would like to play for people with that same type of mindset to avoid boring or weirding out the wrong crowd with my dark folk-rock tunes. Please, anyone point me into the right direction to people who put shows like this together in Dublin.

thankkssss
C'mon lads no one actually made any suggestions of who to get in touch with.

Are Hefty Horse still going ?

Hefty Horse | Facebook

They put on this kind of gigs a fair bit.

Go to see some gigs at the Pop Inn you should meet some like minded folk there, they mainly deal in guitar pop of sorts but I'm sure you'd find some admirers there who might be in a position to help you out.

I like your tunes by the way, the fist one is great. Check out Katie Kim and Jennifer Evans I'd say you'd like them.

Hefty Horse | Facebook

Go to see some gigs at the Pop Inn you should meet some like minded folk there, they mainly deal in guitar pop of sorts but I'm sure you'd find some admirers there who might be in a position to help you out.

I like your tunes by the way, the fist one is great. Check out Katie Kim and Jennifer Evans I'd say you'd like them.

Shit yeah, sorry. The popical island folks might be able to point you in the right direction. They're running a gig tomorrow night, the Groom album launch, not in the Pop Inn, but upstairs in Whelans. Nice folks.

Hefty Horse | Facebook

thanks for the suggestions, I'll check some of these things out. great music suggestions as well - I was starting to get tired of the music I've been listening to lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back