DEAD TO ME/EMPTY LUNGS/GASCAN RUCKUS-BELFAST 19TH AUGUST@WARZONE CENTRE. (1 Viewer)

Kev Bones

Website
www.myspace.com
DEADTOMEPOSTER.jpg

DEAD TO ME ( San Francisco, US, Fat Wreck Chords)

www.deadtomesf.com

FIRST EVER IRISH DATES!
deadtome620.jpg

For as great of a band as Dead To Me is, they’re so immersed in style and culture that they’ve always seemed almost as much like an art collective as a rock and roll outfit. They draw on such disparate sonic, visual and intellectual influences as Brit rock, graffiti, Slavic prison tattoos, Midwestern punk, reggae, Day of the Dead iconography, old school hip-hop and modern American History. Dead To Me’s current incarnation finds Ian and Chicken joining forces with Ken of Enemy You/Western Addiction fame and Sam from New Mexican Disaster Squad to put forth their latest effort, Moscow Penny Ante, recorded with the handsome and talented Matt Allison at Atlas studios (Alkaline Trio, Lawrence Arms), due out on Fat Wreck Chords on October 25th. As usual, it’s nothing less than the exact opposite of what you’d expect from Dead To Me.

After 2009’s critically acclaimed African Elephants, which was as much pop, reggae and dissonant experimentation as it was punk rock, Dead To Me is back with an album that revisits and updates the classic sound that first caught everyone’s attention on 2006’s Cuban Ballerina. This is anything but a retread, though. On Moscow Penny Ante, DTM is more dynamic, more pummeling and more downright awesome than ever before. Remember Rocky IV when Rocky went up to the mountains to train at altitude in order to be able to match his strength with the vastly bigger and more handsome Ivan Drago? Well, consider the wild departure of African Elephants to be the altitude training for the explosion of footwork and uppercuts that is Moscow Penny Ante. All the experimentation and quirky left turns of Elephants sharpened the DTM guys’ sense of melody and arrangement. Now that they’re back at sea level, they’re cranking out the punk rock songs they’re known for with an intensity and skill that can only come from working outside of your comfort zone for a long time and then returning to what you’re best at, with a new take on your classic technique.

As one listen to Moscow Penny Ante clearly reveals four guys brimming with technical skill, confidence and passion for what they do. Dead To Me may not be selling out large theaters all over the world, but they’re sure as hell pummeling their own take on modern aggressive music and rocking a style that can’t be easily pinned down or copied. The classic Dead To Me themes of brutal introspection and revolted frustration-with-the-shitty-world-we’re-stuck-in are still the bread and butter of Moscow Penny Ante’s lyrical content, and the band has never sounded more sincere or pissed.

Support From:

EMPTY LUNGS

http://www.emptylungs.com/

+

GASCAN RUCKUS

http://gascanruckus.bandcamp.com/

DOORS 7.30 PM, SUNDAY 19TH AUGUST, THE WARZONE CENTRE, BYOB STRICTLY NO GLASS! OVER 18'S.

TICKETS: £12 OR £10 MEMBERS

FACEBOOK EVENT:
http://www.facebook.com/events/400734616625549/

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back