New Pixies Material - possibly unshite (1 Viewer)

Haven't seen them live since they reformed then I take it.

Nah. Well I saw them a few years ago in the Olympia, when Kim was on board. That was deadly. Not the current line up though.

Went with my younger cousins and their young friends. Ended up in Coppers that night, for only the 2nd time ever. Bizarre but hugely entertaining evening. One of the girls (not a cousin) was interesting and right up my street. We spent most of the evening talking about music (she was in the Nirvana camp and despised Guns n Roses - perfect) and she was curiously flirty despite the fact that her boyfriend/ almost boyfriend/ ex boyfriend/ friend who loved her (could not figure out which) was there. He was putting on a brave face, but there was a sadness there, as if this hapened a lot. Felt sorry for him, he seemed sound. She fake strangled me at one stage. What does that indicate? Maybe the "Meeting People" thread would know.

Sorry, the Pixies. Yeah.

Nah. Well I saw them a few years ago in the Olympia, when Kim was on board. That was deadly. Not the current line up though.

Went with my younger cousins and their young friends. Ended up in Coppers that night, for only the 2nd time ever. Bizarre but hugely entertaining evening. One of the girls (not a cousin) was interesting and right up my street. We spent most of the evening talking about music (she was in the Nirvana camp and despised Guns n Roses - perfect) and she was curiously flirty despite the fact that her boyfriend/ almost boyfriend/ ex boyfriend/ friend who loved her (could not figure out which) was there. He was putting on a brave face, but there was a sadness there, as if this hapened a lot. Felt sorry for him, he seemed sound. She fake strangled me at one stage. What does that indicate? Maybe the "Meeting People" thread would know.

Sorry, the Pixies. Yeah.
She's into some weird shit, probably good fun in the sack. He's never gonna get it (not this time, never never never gonna get it!!).

Pixies yeah, thought they had no personality whatsoever at Landsdowne road, played well, played good songs, but never seemed anything other than slightly embarassed shy and bored.

isn't that what they do though?

Play the songs. Minimal crowd interactions Then play more songs.
Yeah that's what I was talking about when i made my initial comment. It's weird because I saw Frank Black and the Catholics a few times and he was like a different person, jovial, personable and likeable. Maybe they got on better and he felt more relaxed.

They need to be seen indoors - like most bands, where boredom transforms into coolness. Lansdowne Road was a tragic venue. Was that with Kings of Leon? What a snooze-fest.

Also saw the Pixies supporting the 'Chili Peppers in Phoenix Park. Sound was awful for the Pixies and suspiciously more pristine for the headliners. We all left two songs into the main act....

Saw them at the Stadium. Rode a gorgeous southsider down a lane.
I was mad for lane shags back then. Grotty little fuck that I was.

You seeing her again?

I went for a pint in The Headline Bar after that gig. Knocked it back in one go. Didn't have money for a second. Our bus back to Waterford departed shortly afterwards. Didn't go for a slash either.

They need to be seen indoors - like most bands, where boredom transforms into coolness. Lansdowne Road was a tragic venue. Was that with Kings of Leon? What a snooze-fest.

Also saw the Pixies supporting the 'Chili Peppers in Phoenix Park. Sound was awful for the Pixies and suspiciously more pristine for the headliners. We all left two songs into the main act....
I enjoyed Kings Of Leon at that.

Two things I remember about that Stadium gig.

Being offered an insane amount of money for our tickets outside.

Having the worst seats in the house and only being able to see the drummer and the headstock of Kim Deals bass (initially anyway).

Still great though. But no riding in lane ways.

Met the missus at the National Stadium gig. Bought Kim a pint in the Headline Bar while trying to score a 10spot of hash for her before the gig.
Have only seen the new Pixies on vid from 2 weeks ago, and I think they may be just a brilliant as the old Pixies.
Long live The Pixies!

Two things I remember about that Stadium gig.

Being offered an insane amount of money for our tickets outside.

Having the worst seats in the house and only being able to see the drummer and the headstock of Kim Deals bass (initially anyway).

Still great though. But no riding in lane ways.

One of the guys I went with had no ticket. He paid £35 outside which was the equivalent of two weeks' rent. I saw someone else pay £70 for Sonic Youth ticket a month beforehand [outside McGonagles] which was even more insane.

Paz Lenchantin's in now. Very Sexy..... and an excellent musician.

Paz+Lenchantin.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back