New Pixies Material - possibly unshite (1 Viewer)

i know its not pixies, but one of the frank black records was basically stuff he wrote when they were getting back together, and at the time the band didn't want to do it, so stuff around the 'bluefinger' period was written with the pixies in mind.

Anyways, i like this.

meant to be some music that was played with joey and dave for some soundtrack that never saw the light of day a while back, while the lyrics were more recently written in harvard square in some starbucks or something.

2nd date for nov sold out.

I was skeptical but I really like this song. I think I would have really loved it with Kim Deal's backing vocals.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Pitchfolk gave the EP 1.0

I could write a lengthy review of this but not for free heh heh.

But the main point of it would be that by giving this EP 1 out of 10 and by allowing a review to appear on it's website which basically is a "woe is me I was born too late for the Pixies" Pitchfork have proved once again they actually think that they are more important than the bands that they write about. For me this isn't a great bunch of songs, far from it. It's average at best and far more informed by Frank Black's solo work (which, while hit and miss, has at least been prolific over the last 2 decades) than by anything in The Pixies back catalog.

It's easy for Pitchfork and the like to rave about MBV and discuss it using every platitude in the book and proclaim that 2 decades were worth the wait. Thereby once again proving their own importance in the grand scheme of things, but when it comes to musicians like Frank Black it's more important that they omit the self same 2 decades and berate Black and co publicly in an offering to their young hipster disciples while saying "You owe us, we deserve better" Fuck you Pitchfork. No you don't.

It isn't great but it's not so bad that they deserve to be horsewhipped for it if it was Frank Black rather than The Pixies name on it then Pitchfork would have said "Ageing ex Pixie does something average 7 out of 10" So fuck them and the horse they rode in on. Self important cock suckers every last fucking one of them.

Anyone go to the gig last night? I thought it was pretty good; lots of oldies reeled out thick and fast. Thought Black Francis looked like he couldn't give a shit, but he was in great voice.
The new Kim on bass cut quite a dash too.
that Bagboy track sounded amazing!

I just can't do it. Seeing a band without one of its pivotal members is pretty disheartening. It might not make a significant difference to the sound, but the whole personality of the band is diminished.

What's the point in hearing Gigantic if you're not hearing Kim Deal sing it, you know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back