2014 releases worth a listen.. (2 Viewers)

Nils Frahm is alright i think judgeing by online samples not a bad record i only noticed because the label put out something by Lubomyr Melnyk who i was looking up.

saw him (L Melnyk) do free show in munich a couple of weeks back. hadn't heard of him at all apart from what i read on the flyer. (only noticed this post now looking back on thread). interesting show. the whole 'continuous playing' thing was pretty nuts. played 3 pieces over 80 minutes. gig went in a 5-10 minute cycle of completely engrossing to completely bored off my tits. interesting though. in a small philharmonic hall also on a grand piano he seemed well chuffed with so sounded awesome

saw him (L Melnyk) do free show in munich a couple of weeks back. hadn't heard of him at all apart from what i read on the flyer. (only noticed this post now looking back on thread). interesting show. the whole 'continuous playing' thing was pretty nuts. played 3 pieces over 80 minutes. gig went in a 5-10 minute cycle of completely engrossing to completely bored off my tits. interesting though. in a small philharmonic hall also on a grand piano he seemed well chuffed with so sounded awesome

I only heard of this Melnyk lad recently myself, I had a listen to Three Solo Pieces from last year and really liked it. Mixed feelings about him in general though.

Oh how nice for you dunderhead (......ggggrrrrrrrr)
The record he done with James Blackshaw "The Watchers" looks good i think maybe i can pick it up sometime or i wouldnt mind to check out something else by him either.

CYCLOBE Sulphur Tarot Garden cd lp
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Northaunt/Svartsinn ‎~ The Borrowed World cd lp

2xcd Comp of this 7"s series by Moscow project Reutoff that was about atmosphere or felling of differtnt areas or places where they live.

retortae

CYCLOBE Sulphur Tarot Garden cd lp

Cyclobe are the fucking tits lately. Always thought they were just another dreary "we know some influential industrial types you know" electronic group but this and the Wounded Galaxies album completely blew me away.

estara by teebs
homepage_large.2402284e.jpg

real nice mellow, electronic ambient beats. on flying lotuseseses brainfeeder label

Well...that's a pretty condescending attitude to have towards a broad range of musical styles and approaches to music.

Cyclobe are the fucking tits lately. Always thought they were just another dreary "we know some influential industrial types you know" electronic group but this and the Wounded Galaxies album completely blew me away.

I dont have anything by them maybe i will pick up something it does sound a little bit like earlier coil. I wonder if they are even useing the same kind of keyboard they had in there some where also hurdy gurdy is always good !

I dont have anything by them maybe i will pick up something it does sound a little bit like earlier coil. I wonder if they are even useing the same kind of keyboard they had in there some where also hurdy gurdy is always good !

Wounded Galaxies Tap at the Window is essentially all the Coil bit-players on one record without Balance and Sleaze. To me, it sounds like the really cool folk-ish stuff Coil was doing around the late 1990s/early 2000s (Astral Disaster, Moon's Milk, etc.). The older Cyclobe stuff is good but it's a bit generic.

Cibo Matto ~ Hotel Valentine ,90s group

after ordering myself a copy of this
getImage.php

sunrunner by Verma.

basically just great driving space rock with great vocals. some very nice kosmisch moments too. amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back