RTE film reviewers - Dirty Plagiarisers! (1 Viewer)

sealed human

I finally saw Step Brothers last night, and like any Will Ferrell fan will agree, laughed until I nearly choked on popcorn, but more to the point, apart from checking the rating a film gets, I rarely read reviews fully before seeing the movie (to avoid spoilers).

So I land onto Empire today, read their full review and then to RTE.ie for same. THe reviewer, Taragh Loughrey-Grant completely ripped her review off from Empire! Paraphrased the whole thing, and then got lazier still and basically quoted the last paragraph word for word...

Check out Empire's

But when McKay focuses on the pure simplicity of the pair getting stupidly excited over tree houses, Chewbacca masks and samurai swords, Step Brothers is a hugely entertaining exercise in the comedy of the random, complete with improvised non-sequiturs, bonkers one-liners ("Your voice is a combination of Fergie and Jesus"), and a triumphant climactic sequence featuring a montage that’s actually funny.

and hers...

When McKay focuses on the pure simplicity of the pair getting stupidly excited over tree houses, Chewbacca masks and Samurai swords, 'Step Brothers' is a hugely entertaining testimony to the talent of Ferrell and Reilly and their improvisational skills, climaxing in a hilarious montage well worth staying in your seat for.

Is this what I (occasionally) pay my licence for?? :confused: Bring back Mailbag, I want to complain!

Shoddy though, shame on you Taragh :p

Taragh Loughrey-Grant is a plagiarising low life

not too shabby
2852640_2852640.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back