Windows Vista (1 Viewer)

well he looks happy

person_features_everyone2.gif

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/

What do you think fellas?
Personally I think they're trying to be Apple
from what i've seen of it i think it's looking pretty good, although the version I installed ran like a complete dog. it's definitley different enough from OSX.

i have the latest beta here... must install it some time.

This may have been up somewhere before, Linux XGL pissing on Vista for crazy 3D screen effects.

http://chris.pirillo.com/2006/09/06/vistas-ui-is-better-than-this/
i'm using that XGL shit on my desktop PC in work... and it only took me three days to configure the auto update to get the right video card drivers to get it working. no fucking way i'd bother if i wasn't getting paid to do it.

I'm happy to report that spinning your desktop and making translucent windows wiggle when they move loses its novelty real quick... plus, they call it a cube, but you can't map a display onto the top or bottom face? rubbish.

Every time MS rolls out an OS, they shout and roar about it being less utterly shite than the previous one.

And, it always ends up being totally unsecure, riddled with massive holes, and in desperate need of the living shit getting patched out of it. Why is this going to be any different?

I personally wouldnt think about touching Vista until the get Service pack One out. MS release really Beta stuff, and hope for the best. At this point, they have just about got XP to work in a semi reasonable mannor. (Allegedly... I have given up with all that shite.) I find it incredible that people will climb over each other to test MS's new OS.

I dunno. If you want a new OS, try Ubuntu, and then try Vista. Ubuntu will run faster, safer, and be nicer to run.

And be free.

It's that simple.

Just as an aside... who actually gives a shit about supa pretti 3d edges on your window?
How about having a machine that is not ruined with spyway, and taking 3 minutes to boot up? Seriously... lads, its a screen... you type shit into it, and read stuff off it. Sometime you play games, and sometimes you look at photos or movies. WTF has 3D screen affects got to do with any of this?

Just as an aside... who actually gives a shit about supa pretti 3d edges on your window?
How about having a machine that is not ruined with spyway, and taking 3 minutes to boot up? Seriously... lads, its a screen... you type shit into it, and read stuff off it. Sometime you play games, and sometimes you look at photos or movies. WTF has 3D screen affects got to do with any of this?

I know I know! I shouldn't care but I'm sucked in, it's all about toys for procrastination.

I presume they're trying to win back the people they lost to apple on the basis of design (show me one everyday person who buys a mac over a PC for any reason other than case and OS design and i'll give you a yo-yo).

trying to install vista on an oldish machine in work
have already had to upgrade the memory - i don't have much hope for this

Every time MS rolls out an OS, they shout and roar about it being less utterly shite than the previous one.

And, it always ends up being totally unsecure, riddled with massive holes, and in desperate need of the living shit getting patched out of it. Why is this going to be any different?

I personally wouldnt think about touching Vista until the get Service pack One out. MS release really Beta stuff, and hope for the best...

*Ahem*...
Today's BBC "Microsoft 'taking security risks (with Vista)"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/5399534.stm

My prediction... Vista, for the forseeable future will be worse that XP.
Stay away comrades.

This may have been up somewhere before, Linux XGL pissing on Vista for crazy 3D screen effects.

http://chris.pirillo.com/2006/09/06/vistas-ui-is-better-than-this/

em, rip-off city. mac?

jayzus lads. 5 year old technology. calm down

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/theater/fastuserswitching.html

videoplay

right, im out of here before one of you Pc fuckers throws somethin at me

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back