Dinosaur Jr AND Built To Spill (1 Viewer)

Of course it does. A gig like Dinosaur Jr is going to be an older crowd, the majority of which have been at work all day and will have to go to work the next morning. Makes complete sense that they're not going to be as lively as they would be at the weekend. Converesly if you were at a (insert band young people like here) then the kids would be going for it whatever night it's on.

Of course it does. A gig like Dinosaur Jr is going to be an older crowd, the majority of which have been at work all day and will have to go to work the next morning. Makes complete sense that they're not going to be as lively as they would be at the weekend. Converesly if you were at a (insert band young people like here) then the kids would be going for it whatever night it's on.

Ha! So true ... I remember the first time I saw Dino Jr I ended up underneath a pile of bodies in the middle of the floor in McGonagles during Freak Scene. I was thinking about that last night while I was nodding my head and moshing in my mind.

i dont give a fuck about the crowd. i didnt come to see you.
i thought dinosaur jr were brillo.
a bit disappointed at the 1 hr 10 mins tho, reacquainting with Farm since.

I thought it was great...not like you go see Dinosaur Jr for the banter but Lou was in good form, interesting set list "Forget The Swan" and "Kracked" were class and "Sludgefeast" will always be amazing...

Wasn't really into "Farm" before but will give it another chance...

I was gonna say that i thought they were pretty banter-y :confused: Given all the bra stuff and heckling. I know the crowd were pretty much silent otherwise (some of the inbetween song parts with Built to Spill were just downright awkward).

I've kinda gotten used to it tho...prime example as haribo pointed out...sonic youth gig was so disappointing (crowd wise). I remember they were just about to embark on the noise end section of the sprawl (my fav part :cool:) and ppl started clapping thinking it was the end of the song!!! i was right in front of thurston and remember him shrugging and going 'f*ck it, lets just stop here'...i was pissed!

in saying all that, dino gig was brill i thought!! solo for forget the swan was just what i was looking for!! i could have left a happy man after that! legend. they certainly aint known as a band up for the craic!...got a j mascis plec too...:cool:

sorry for the rant

I know the crowd were pretty much silent otherwise (some of the inbetween song parts with Built to Spill were just downright awkward).

They have the worst case of let's-spend-three-minutes-tuning-up-between-songs-while looking-down-and-saying-nothing I've ever come across. Having said that, I didn't really care, since I like them so much. BTS went on so early as well .. it was like the gig hadn't really started when they kicked off and that didn't help.

solo for forget the swan was just what i was looking for!! i could have left a happy man after that!

They do that every time now and it's just amazing. I was watching some stupid programme on telly last night called "How To Be in a Band" or something like that and it was all about guitar players. Pretty soon they were going on about guitar solos and there were lot's of examples of guitarists who indulge in extended terrible wanky ego-driven solos, and while on the surface ,what Masic does in that song is pretty much that, for some reason it's clearly not. It's more Charlie Parker than Steve Vai or something. And I love the way the bass and drums just lock into it and keep going as long as Mascis wants. At the gig in the Academy a year or two ago it seemed to go on forever.

I've (unfortunately) only seen BTS play once (in wheelans when they played perfect from now on .|..|) but i'm really looking forward to seeing them at primavera in 2 weeks

what did they play at the recent gigs...should i expect more newer stuff or older tunes ?

I've had enough of the oldies shows from Dinosaur Jr 2.0
I wish they'd "do" a Sonic Youth & do a complete set of New material, then come out again and do a bit of an oldies/greatest hits/extended guitar soloage typa thing.

I'm mad about Farm & Beyond and although the 3 songs from Farm hit the spot, I needed more.

Someone ought to tell them that we'll live if we don't get a Freak Scene or a Feel the Pain, seriously, we'll live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back