The Nicholas Cage appreciation thread (1 Viewer)

http://niccageaseveryone.blogspot.com/

Posted elsewhere, but this is pure amazingness.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Vampire's Kiss is ridiculously good. I suspect at some point in the late 80s, before this was made and after finishing that Paganini film he had been fluting about on for ages, Klaus Kinski took his face... off and siwtched places with the Cage. This may also explain why the Cage has a different accent in every single film, sometimes more than one.

That "Highlights fro the Wicker Man" thing is one of the funniest videos on the internet.

Also, he shone in Gone in 60 Seconds.

Hang on, is this just a dislike by association with John Travolta (or Trevolting as my father likes to call him)? That'd be like dismissing Clint on the basis of the Bridges of Madison County.

Vampire Kiss = Amazing
Bringing Out the Dead = Amazing
Wild At Heart = Amazing

This scene from Vampire Kiss goes down as one of my favourite moments in cinematic history.

vampires_kiss-11.jpg

Also worthy of note is that the man does a crying scene in Vampire's Kiss saying boo hoo.

Bad Lieutenant and Deadfall (directed by his brother, has a fight scene where he actually says hi-fuckin-ya. Bruce Lee wouldn't come out with that shit) also need to be seen.

Play have Wild at Heart and Vampire's Kiss for €3.99 at the moment, and Deadfall for €4.48.

I was going to resurrect the Bad Lieutenant thread but I might as well put it here.
It's baffling. Has this terrible music that runs throughout it. Can't tell if Herzog is taking the piss and fucking with everybody or if he just made a bad film. Although it gets better in the second half, but that fucking music......

Nic Cage is great in it though. Best line "Why is there a fucking Iguana in here"?

I was going to resurrect the Bad Lieutenant thread but I might as well put it here.
It's baffling. Has this terrible music that runs throughout it. Can't tell if Herzog is taking the piss and fucking with everybody or if he just made a bad film. Although it gets better in the second half, but that fucking music......

Nic Cage is great in it though. Best line "Why is there a fucking Iguana in here"?

It's really unfortunate he's so hateful because he has done some very decent work. He's my no means a lacking actor in my opinion, he just has... one of those faces. And voices. AND UGH EVEN THINKING ABOUT HIM ANNOYS ME.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back