Cat POWer (1 Viewer)

neutralmilk

Website
Visit site
Anyone at Cat Power last night?????????????Please, please join me to talk about the weirdness...I think that I am actually still trapped inside her head... :confused:

neutralmilk said:
Anyone at Cat Power last night?????????????Please, please join me to talk about the weirdness...I think that I am actually still trapped inside her head... :confused:

I was there, I thought she was great. Like what I imagine Patti Smith might have been like back in her heyday.

I guess I can see why people would be fustrated, but I thought it was great to see someone performing, and really trying to make the night something special, rather then just knocking out the hits.

Pretty amazing night all things told.

Oh I agree...I loved it but I couldnt sleep because it was so strange and bits and pieces of what she sang and said kept floating through my brain...it definitely felt like a Patti Smith, Janis Joplin moment...and something Whelans doesnt see everyday!

Pantone247 said:
I was there, I thought she was great. Like what I imagine Patti Smith might have been like back in her heyday.

I guess I can see why people would be fustrated, but I thought it was great to see someone performing, and really trying to make the night something special, rather then just knocking out the hits.

Pretty amazing night all things told.

i was in the village and 2 of spritualtramp's mates were there and said that she was skagged off her tits.

response?

The night was special and memorable, definitely, but it was one of the most tedious, and in many places boring, concerts I've ever witnesssed. I too thought of Patti Smith and her flowing stream of consciousness, but whereas Patti's seemed to be more coherent and interesting, Ms Power's were just dull and meandering, and often inaubible... She is capable of giving a great show and performing her songs coherently, which, I think, is what most people came to see. Hence the huge disappointment / annoyance my much of the audience at the fact that she only manged about 6 songs, none of which were completed without some sort of messsing with the microphone, the guitar level, tuning, asking for more reverb, etc...
Then again, in 20 years time people will probably be saying in awe, "wow, you saw Cat Power in Whelans in 03!".

neutralmilk said:
Oh I agree...I loved it but I couldnt sleep because it was so strange and bits and pieces of what she sang and said kept floating through my brain...it definitely felt like a Patti Smith, Janis Joplin moment...and something Whelans doesnt see everyday!

Yeah sorta walked home in a daze from it, I think its cool that she put on a real show for people, making everyone sit down and getting them to fix the lights just so for her, rather then just bashing out the tunes.

Where were you? did you get to sit down on the floor? that looked so cool from the balcony.

herv said:
i was in the village and 2 of spritualtramp's mates were there and said that she was skagged off her tits.

response?

She kept going on about Heroin at the begining, but I really don't think she was skagged up, to my mind just seemed drunk. but like rrrreallllyyy drunk.

But it should be pointed out here and now that I was about as high as she was due to a pretty trippy mix of doobie and non-non-drowsy hayfever stuff topped off with booze.

Also the support dude, whoever he was, was also rapid.

it was a weird night alright. I don't think she shoulda dne the gig if she has that head injury tho - hence telling us about the dried blood in her hair and not havin bathed in 6 days! she seemed a bit fragile up there and a few dickheads in the audience seemed intent of pissing her off. i think she needs some time off. having said that when she played songs she was totally there. i was up in the balcony so couldn't see much and i had to leave to catch a bus but that that stage she'd been on an hour and managed 5 songs...did she play/ramble for much longer? (she'd dead cute too!)

What the fuck?
She was shite last time, sounds like she was shite this.
Fucking lousy naked empress.

Having not washed for 6 days didn't stop her trying to snog all and sundry afterwards. Apparently she wanted a queue of boys to snog at Belfast tonight.
She should take a fucking lifetime off, if you ask me.

Cat Scour more like

That was the worst gig ive ever been at. I think her latest album is amazing but on that performance i dont think i want to listen to it ever again. She had no respect for the people who payed in looking to hear a few songs at least. I dont mind people having a spiel when there on stage but the verbal diarehea coming out of her mouth was disgusting. What pissed me off almost as much were the 'psuedo-intellectual' gobshites who taught it was amazing. One girl turned around to the guy next to me who was getting a bit pissed off and told him he didnt have the intelligence to understand her...what?

This is turning into a right CAT FIGHT!!!

eh? eh? eh?
did you see what I did there? did you?

fine, ill get my coat

hasn't being a complete retard who can't "keep it together" on stage been her schtick for the last one million years?

"oh my god she totally fucked up a song! i was not prepared for this travesty! To the internet!"

she's lame anyway. listen to lil' kim or something

f.a.q said:
what was she saying.
one memorable qoute went something like this

"you know that warm feeling you get at the back of you head when you do heroin.....not that ive ever done it.....but thats what i feel like now like you know....like"

I wouldnt have minded so much if what she was saying was leading somehwere or if it was contributing something to the performance but it wasn't.

But maybe im just not "intelligent" enough to relate to her words of wisdom

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back