Black Catholics (1 Viewer)

Gary if you're interested I have the Napalm Sunday and abnormal tapes. Also got the Drunken Jury and Threat. 7"s[/quote

This thread is bringing back memories.Abnormal used to practice in my folks garage.Me brother was a replacement bass for them at one time.Their drummer worked as a butcher in Superquinn in Northside S/c for years.He had a deadly tattoo of a clockwork orange.

Gary do you the abnormal Demo? I would DEARLY love to get a copy for me bruv and meself.

Dave Donnelly breeds (or did) alsatians. Anytime i used to see him around my area he always had an alsatian with 'em. He's from Finglas alright but from the east & not the west. The lead singer must have been a neighbour of bonos. I remember a local punk who i now presume is the same guy who died on a ferry to England & i though he might have been part of the black catholics. He lived a couple of houses up the road from Bono's ma's. I was very young when this all happened but i remember certain parts about this story because alot of the kids around the area where punks including my sister.

I'm the aforementioned davedonnelly. I still live in Finglas East with my mot and 2 kids. I have a lurcher dog these days. Local Authority housing rules has German Shepards on the unwanted list. "The Lad" lead singer with the Black Catholics departed this world (or that world) of his own volition. I was his understudy in many ways but never got to perform as a Black Catholic, or as a statistic. The one and only gig was the Dandellion Market. An historic occasion which created a large fan base. Punks came out of the woodwork to join up and follow the creed "Young Drunk + Proud". I think the self destructive nature of the band touched raw nerves and found its expression in gangs of punks and skins lashing out. Most of the demons were exorcised by others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back