Iraq (1 Viewer)

Kurdish women fighters.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Poor bastard.
I wonder if Irish troops will come up against ISIS given their continued advances in Syria and the Irish engagement with al-Nusra on the Israeli/Syrian border. They should really be given permission to engage if threatened rather than having to wait to be fired upon.

It generally is. Considering the huge population now as opposed to say, 50 years ago,I don't think we're doing too bad.

Like we just had the anniversary of the IRA ceasefire, they are mostly just shouting at each other up there now, and while not ideal people aren't dying.
But you look at Gaza, Iraq, Syria, Ukraine and it's hard to feel that we're on the right track as a species.

The world seems to be in shit right now.

Is it especially? I mean, it's not like jewish people in Warsaw were able to tweet about what was going down when they were all being rounded up in the 1940's. I hear something like that being said being said quite often and I wonder if it's just a combination of today's connectivity and a general degree of human narcissism (no shots at you, I think pretty much everyone is guilty of it to some degree.)

Is it especially? I mean, it's not like jewish people in Warsaw were able to tweet about what was going down when they were all being rounded up in the 1940's. I hear something like that being said being said quite often and I wonder if it's just a combination of today's connectivity and a general degree of human narcissism (no shots at you, I think pretty much everyone is guilty of it to some degree.)

For sure. I find it hard to get the proper perspective on it.

I guess most of us are living better and longer.

Maybe there will always be pockets of death and misery.

Like we just had the anniversary of the IRA ceasefire, they are mostly just shouting at each other up there now, and while not ideal people aren't dying.
But you look at Gaza, Iraq, Syria, Ukraine and it's hard to feel that we're on the right track as a species.

Like Unicron says, we get to hear (often in unnecessary detail) about so much more than previous generations so it probably seems a lot worse than it is. People will always fight but I still imagine that the earth is probably more peaceful than any other time in human history relative to population.

fucksake lads CNN

I dunno lads, the shit going down in Ukraine, Syria, Iraq, Palestine are a a pretty big deal. I wasn't as filled with trepidation after 9/11 as I am now. Many, many more will die needless, horrific deaths before these things are over.

I dunno lads, the shit going down in Ukraine, Syria, Iraq, Palestine are a a pretty big deal. I wasn't as filled with trepidation after 9/11 as I am now. Many, many more will die needless, horrific deaths before these things are over.

We need to clone George Mitchell

We need to clone George Mitchell
71302.jpg

GeorgeMichael_1549363a.jpg

GeorgeMichael-40758.jpg

wait, what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back