Electric Picnic 2014 (1 Viewer)

Kids have loads of other stuff to go to - the national aquatic center, Fort Lucan, Tayto Park, Rathbeggan lakes, Dublin Zoo, France, Lanzarote etc. etc. I don't see why people feel the need to bring them to see Blondie in a field in Stradbally.

Kids have loads of other stuff to go to - the national aquatic center, Fort Lucan, Tayto Park, Rathbeggan lakes, Dublin Zoo, France, Lanzarote etc. etc. I don't see why people feel the need to bring them to see Blondie in a field in Stradbally.

true. the little fuckers were all over the place this year. maybe it was as bad in recent years, not sure. last one I was at was 08 or 09.

Yeah exactly. It would be like as if a bunch of lads decided it would be great craic to have a stag party in Tayto Park.

Imagine ... in ten years time there will be jaded teenager picknickers boring the shit out of everyone with their stories of how they saw that headlining main stage band ten years ago in a small tent when no-one had even heard of them.

But then how are people going to know that you're a cool parent?!
No offence to anyone here that's brought their kids but I'd never do it myself. For me the whole point of it is spending time AWAY from your kids.

But then how are people going to know that you're a cool parent?!
No offence to anyone here that's brought their kids but I'd never do it myself. For me the whole point of it is spending time AWAY from your kids.

I'd never do it either, it'd be way too stressful for all involved. I'm sure kids have fun at it, but they can have fun loads of other places, where there's no drunk people and they have access to clean toilets. And you can't tell me the adults are having wall to wall fun because they still have to do all the parent things they usually do at home, but in a wet field, with loads of shouty people. There's definitely an element of 'Hey, I can have kids and still have a life' about it. Sorry, but you're just going to have to hold off on the hipster fun times until they go to the Gaeltacht for three weeks when they're teenagers.

I remember the place being packed and people going ape shit but the band themselves were underwhelming. All posturing and no goods.

I remember it as everyone singing and yelling along with every song off Funeral. A killer atmosphere was my takeaway. Didn't experience anything like it at the festival again.

I'd never do it either, it'd be way too stressful for all involved. I'm sure kids have fun at it, but they can have fun loads of other places, where there's no drunk people and they have access to clean toilets. And you can't tell me the adults are having wall to wall fun because they still have to do all the parent things they usually do at home, but in a wet field, with loads of shouty people. There's definitely an element of 'Hey, I can have kids and still have a life' about it. Sorry, but you're just going to have to hold off on the hipster fun times until they go to the Gaeltacht for three weeks when they're teenagers.

Or just dump them with very obliging friends or family for the weekend

square

I remember it as everyone singing and yelling along with every song off Funeral. A killer atmosphere was my takeaway. Didn't experience anything like it at the festival again.

We must have been in very different parts of the tent. I was surrounded by cunts who could have been in any other tent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back