[Aug 29, 2014] Bonnie 'Prince' Billy (The Pavilion Theatre) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 28
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 2
yeah, got the LP. had the d/l since last year when i thought it might be the end of the road for him (or maybe just 'BPB'), judging by some of the titles:
ending it all / triumph of will / i will be born again / royal quiet deluxe

yeah, got the LP. had the d/l since last year when i thought it might be the end of the road for him (or maybe just 'BPB'), judging by some of the titles:
ending it all / triumph of will / i will be born again / royal quiet deluxe
Yeah he seems to be at a bit of a crossroads with his music and where he wants to take it? Hopefully a new label deal will sort him out!

Yeah he seems to be at a bit of a crossroads with his music and where he wants to take it? Hopefully a new label deal will sort him out!

I heard an interview with Phil Elverum on the Yoni Wolf podcast recently and BPB came up, apparently he just wanted to try doing something away from working with Drag City for a while.

At the Dun Laoghaire gig he said he wanted to do something where there was hardly anyone else involved, he would ring up the different printing/manufacturing companies and then started ringing around record stores and distributors to sell them.

Please point me in the direction of said podcast. Was unaware of such a thing

The podcast is called The wandering Wolf. They're all up on soundcloud. Some of them are really weird, like him just recording a conversation between him and his family members for an hour. It feels like you're eavedropping on a family counciling session.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back