Electric Picnic 2014 (1 Viewer)

I've just been mailed 2 early-bird codes for the 150 euro rate for next year. Will buy my ticket in the next couple of days but if anyone wants the second code, shout (no guarantees both will work but worth a shot).

I'd say the last thing anyone is thinking of right now is next year's EP. I never remember tickets going on sale this early before though they did used to announce some of the following year's headliners in the days after the event.

Worst bit of the festival is everything written by Cim Jarroll and Unarocks about it.

Highlights from me were Stranglers and Kelis probably, mainly cos I wasn't sure what either were like live. Tuneyards, St Vincent and Portishead were all great as well.

Crowd at Bonnie Tyler were the craic though.

Worst bit of the festival is everything written by Cim Jarroll and Unarocks about it.

Highlights from me were Stranglers and Kelis probably, mainly cos I wasn't sure what either were like live. Tuneyards, St Vincent and Portishead were all great as well.

Crowd at Bonnie Tyler were the craic though.
Fucking yes!!!!

the worst is when they write about people pretending to have been at gigs that they weren't actually at by bands who then got famous. see the bit on London Grammar here.

surely that's not an actual thing? is it?!

can't be long until Jim wheels out the U2 gig story again what with the new album coming up. they might need to retire the National one for a while.

the worst is when they write about people pretending to have been at gigs that they weren't actually at by bands who then got famous. see the bit on London Grammar here.

it's probably a lot more common when your social circle consists mainly of other pretentious muso hacks incessantly grasping for credibility

...people pretending to have been at gigs that they weren't actually at by bands who then got famous....

In a similar vein, my initial thought on seeing FKA Twigs had cancelled was 'thank fuck, we won't have to spend the next ten years listening to pricks bang on how they seen her at EP 14 and how great it was before she became famous'. Tossers.

How fucking old is Jim Carroll? He looks like he'd be better suited to working in some mid-level accounting job. (Apologies to any mid-level accountants).

can't be long until Jim wheels out the U2 gig story again what with the new album coming up. they might need to retire the National one for a while.
That was pretty much what I was getting at yeah, it's almost an editorial policy in the Irish times to be that obnoxious.

Here's more:
Electric Picnic: Sunday a day of rest? No way

see both Jungle and Somerville by, guess who, Jim and Unarocks.

It's not exactly the 100 Club Punk Festival is it?

jarroll used to go on about people who saw the national in whelans until someone pointed out the cobblestone gig which preceded it - ante upped. it's become the "keith jarrett at the fox inn in ashbourne" for our cohort. jarroll wasn't at it either (though he may have been at the jarrett gigs...)

i saw crystal swing in the clanree hotel in letterkenny

they weren't playing, just hanging around in velour tracksuits

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back