Discharge (1 Viewer)

Dont have time to read it all at work, but will say one of the most disappointing things that every happened to me was finding Grave new world in a second hand record shop when I was about 14, delighted at me find, rushing home to get it on the record player....gave side one a listen, double checked the right label was on the record, skipped over every song on side 2 to make sure it all sounded this shite, and rushed back to the record shop to demand my money back.......he wouldnt give it to me, but let me take an Angry Samoans cassette instead.

Thats some quality singing on that gig!

Weeahhh woohhoo eeerryaaa

I always wondered what happened to Discharge..and what the story was with the Crue hair and all.

That Thisclose isnt bad..the vocals work on it!

i've never owned Grave New World but i actually think it's OK apart from the vocals .....
i never bothered to listen to it until it was posted on youtube a few years ago.
i did buy Massacre Divine twenty years ago which made me write off any future efforts they've done.
they were going downhill for years before GNW anyway - the Ignorance EP must have been a bigger let down really.
in a way i'm glad they become so worthless because the hero worship of people like Crass and Jello get has always seemed pathetic to me.

Yes it's true so Dublin got to see the very last Discharge gig with Rat doing vocals....odd decision if I'm honest, he and the band were fantastic Saturday night.

New singer

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not the worst

prefer this singer to rat....funnily just looking at the discography on discogs and i've nothing after 1984 didn't even relaise amount of stuff they put out after is any of it worth a listen?(really)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back