Boardwalk Empire Season 5 (1 Viewer)

Last one...

07-Sep-2014 21:00 Boardwalk Empire 05x01 TBA

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

this season jumps ahead 9 years!!

Boardwalk Empire: Gone Too Soon, Though It Went On Too Long

ut in many cases, it feels more like one year has passed than a full seven: It's almost as if the writers were preparing to set the action in 1925, got the bad news, and hastily improvised the leap to 1931.

Of course, once the cancellation was official, there was no way to avoid that time jump:Boardwalk's obvious endgame from the beginning involved tracing the arc of Prohibition (which ended in '33), of seeing Nucky's reign strengthen, then dwindle as the next generation of gangsters rose up around him. There's no sensible way to end this show in the mid-twenties if its writers had any interest in staying somewhat historically accurate.

Also, only 8 episodes

Overall I didn't think much of that episode.

It was beautifully shot and all but the flashbacks felt pointless and all the best characters bar Chalky were absent.

Also I found out afterwards that historically:
Rothstein is dead.

Overall I didn't think much of that episode.

It was beautifully shot and all but the flashbacks felt pointless and all the best characters bar Chalky were absent.

Also I found out afterwards that historically:
Rothstein is dead.
Yeah Meyer mentions that.

I liked the flashbacks but they don't tell us anything we don't already know and theyre a bit of a waste of time with only 8 episodes to get through

Yeah Meyer mentions that.

I liked the flashbacks but they don't tell us anything we don't already know and theyre a bit of a waste of time with only 8 episodes to get through

I did not pick up on that.....shit. He'll be missed.
Even though it's only one episode in the whole time shift feels really off and jarring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back