Drive Like Jehu........ARE FUCKING BACK!!!! (1 Viewer)

dudley

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Contributor
Since 1999
Website
www.thedudleycorporation.com
It seems

Drive Like Jehu

Speedo just announced it and considering it's him, the fact that it sounds like a wind up means it probably isn't!

Mark Trombino just tweeted about it too, looks like a one off 20th anniversary show.....in a public park....with an organist......

So, thumped, chip in and send me to review, eh?

I got incredibly excited there for about a minute.

One show though... boo.

Saw them in... '94? Outrageously, stupidly good show. Was only listening to the first album again last week. Still great.

*Volunteers as reviewer's assistant

With all this talk of the reunion show I once again dug out my copy of Yank Crime and be God, I'm finally starting to like it. Possibly even really like it though I'll have to crank it up properly tomorrow before fully committing to that.

By the way, I don't believe this once-off show talk. They will definitely tour ....

With all this talk of the reunion show I once again dug out my copy of Yank Crime and be God, I'm finally starting to like it. Possibly even really like it though I'll have to crank it up properly tomorrow before fully committing to that.

Hurrah! Greatest LP ever!

By the way, I don't believe this once-off show talk. They will definitely tour ....

I dearly hope so, but I dunno. This wasn't a reunion funded by ATP and a wodge of cash, in fact I think they lost money. I get the impression it may have just been a fun idea. Which, in a way, would be commendable, but fuck it I want them here now!

Never listened to them. Name always sounded dorky and put me off. Recommended place to start?

Only two LPs and a single to wade through. The first LP is the more accessable I think, but Yank Crime is a genuine masterpiece. Really abrasive and pummelling, with astonishing guitar playing, had a ridiculous influence on me.
It did take a while for me to love it though, and I'd initially always play the first LP more, but now it's just, for me, one of those touchstone records. Still listen to it at least once a week.

Great photies here
Drive Like Jehu & Dr. Carol Williams: 31 August, 2014 - ChrisVallePhoto

Mod-0338-X2.jpg

Love both records but Yank Crime is a bit more consistent for me. The longer dirges can be a bit off-putting at first however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back