Electric Picnic 2014 (1 Viewer)

She's lost her voice apparently. She said she'll make it up to us in some way.

I'm not there. What were Portishead like?
Portishead were one of the stand-out acts of the weekend. They were great. Lots of people (kidz) went along to see what they were like. Lots left after a song or 2. But they are clueless assholes. Portishead were fantastic.

I love the way the IT had some notions that were MTV.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I love the comments about the toddlers taking over. I've actually seen that happen at Punks Picnics. Small kids buying and selling wasted adults. Stealing beer and selling it back to the original owners was a true classic, bonus points if they'd managed to drink the beer first.

Even average is a by-word for shit nowadays.
EP is what you make of it yourself. I left about halfway through Mogwai's set last night cos I was wrecked and just wanted to get home (they were very good but I'll see them again I'm sure). That was in the Electric Arena tent so its a fairly long walk to the exit. There was hardly anyone around outside of the tents. I'm sure Outkast had a bit of a crowd and Shit Robot looked fairly packed. But, compared to the saturday when the weather was nice (it was raining when I left last night) and there was lots and lots and lots of 'kids' sitting out in the grass, who have no more interest in music or anything that isn't getting drunk or riding, the place was fairly deserted. I would guess those people were back in their campsites drinking cans which, lets face it, they could have done in their local park.

If you're really into your music you will probably have your standards/expectations set quite high (I know I did) and its likely they won't be met (overall the music on offer was a disappointment this year). If you kind of like music and kind of like having a bit of craic, then you're going to love EP.

Overall I enjoyed it. Sunday was by far the best day and it seems to be the day people are most interested in checking out what bands are on (probably because they're sick of drink and are wrecked by then). Also factor in that tickets are way cheaper than they used to be I think there are few grounds for complaints.

EP do some things really well. I didn't camp so can't comment on that but the organisation around traffic in/out was great, as was the security in the car parks (as compared to other years). Getting in and out of the arena can be a bit of a pain if you choose to go in at rush-hour so maybe they should have a couple more entrances. I believe getting a bus home this morning was a bit shit with the vast numbers queuing.

And there was a huge number of 'kidz' there. Moreso than ever before, and you do get that sense that its inching closer and closer to what oxegen was. The organisers can do a lot about this by choosing acts that appeal to an older demographic.

Anyway, overall, despite the music being a bit shit (by 'music' I mean the bands I didn't already know that I went to see) I still had a ball.

Portishead were one of the stand-out acts of the weekend. They were great. Lots of people (kidz) went along to see what they were like. Lots left after a song or 2. But they are clueless assholes. Portishead were fantastic.
The brother was fetishising about their 70s Ludwig

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back