Is there an 'Everton thread everyone loves them' thread? (1 Viewer)

I could tear Ireland's back four to shreds by running past Glenn Whelan
True. You'd probably get a game for Scotland too.

I bet this little shit destroys us in both matches.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I wouldn't agree with that. They have momentum after their Croatia wins, but player for player I think we're better.

Player for Player you'd say Real are better than Atletico but when it comes down to it Real are unbalanced.

I think Stoke are the better example though. Player for player they're better than a lot of sides in the PL but under Pulis they were awful to watch and under performed. Hughes came in, didn't buy a lot of players, changed the style and if you watch them you can see their quality now. Finished in the top 10 last season and were good value for that.

I watched Scotland against Wales and someone else (Possibly Croatia) and they got the ball down and passed it through midfield. One thing they don't have is physical presence. They've a lot of Naismith style players - a bit slight but decent feet. They're a touch off the pace that comes with the big stage given the fact that so many play in Scotland but in terms of the style they play, from what I've seen they are better than us no question. That's not talking them up by the way. I'm saying that if Aiden McGeady or James McCarthy were making their decisions now, they'd be mad to want to play for Ireland.

Of course this is all based on Trap and the utter shite that we endured under him. When we play competitively under O Niell I'd be delighted to be totally wrong. I hope I am.

I think we just shade it by a fraction in terms of player ability but Strachan's had longer to work with them than O'Neill has with us.. Two 1-1 draws I reckon. Scotland will follow this up with a heroic victory over Germany (and follow that up by drawing with Gibraltar and losing to Georgia).

I think we should merge with Scotland.

Player-for-player, there's not much in it. Do they have anyone as good in their positions as our Everton players? Don't think so. Do they have any position where they're as weak as we are at left back, centre back and goalkeeper? No.

I think we just shade it by a fraction in terms of player ability but Strachan's had longer to work with them than O'Neill has with us.. Two 1-1 draws I reckon. Scotland will follow this up with a heroic victory over Germany (and follow that up by drawing with Gibraltar and losing to Georgia).

I might stick a fiver on this

Of course this is all based on Trap and the utter shite that we endured under him. When we play competitively under O Niell I'd be delighted to be totally wrong. I hope I am.

That's my point. O'Neill is a better manager than Strachan as well, so although he's had less time I'm hoping we'll start motoring by the time we play Scotland and give them a right fucking surprise (I know, green tinged glasses and all that)

I see Duffy's joined Blackburn for £1.5 million. Most Toffee fans seem to be saying he's found his level.
Yes and no. He's clearly not Martinez's cup of tea and he fell behind Stones (who to be fair shows promise, but hasn't got the build for the position yet and needs a few months of Gareth Baleing to be fully commanding) and Alcarez (who must have some dirt on Roberto because I cannot see what he sees in him) I wouldn't be surprised if Duffy plays in the PL again very soon. But he definitely needs a Johnny H style figure beside him to get the best out of him. Basically he's the next Ryan Shawcross when Martinez is looking for the next Carles Puyol. And you know what side of the fence I'm on there.

It's unfortunate for him because I don't think centre halves mature fully utill they're about 25-26 and he's well shy of that. Martinez is clearly looking for what I'd term instinctive footballers rather than instinctive defenders. and those two things are quite different things Ireland wise it's fair to say (as Mos Def would say) he's got all the right weaponry to replace Richard Dunne and I hope he does well at Blackburn. From the glimpses I've seen of him he's an "old fashioned" centre half and even now is better than Paul McShane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back