Kate Bush - Live in London, August & September (1 Viewer)

Kate Bush doc on BBC 4 tonight at 9.10pm. Followed by Kate Bush at the BBC

BBC Four - The Kate Bush Story: Running up That Hill

This documentary explores Kate Bush's career and music, from January 1978's Wuthering Heights to her 2011 album 50 Words for Snow, through the testimony of some of her key collaborators and those she has inspired.

Contributors include the guitarist who discovered her (Pink Floyd's David Gilmour), the choreographer who taught her to dance (Lindsay Kemp) and the musician who she said 'opened her doors' (Peter Gabriel), as well as her engineer and ex-partner (Del Palmer) and several other collaborators (Elton John, Stephen Fry and Nigel Kennedy).

Also exploring their abiding fascination with Kate are some of the musicians who have been influenced by her (John Lydon, St Vincent's Annie Clark, Natasha Khan of Bat for Lashes, Tori Amos, Outkast's Big Boi, Guy Garvey and Tricky) and some writers and comedians who admire her (Jo Brand, Steve Coogan and Neil Gaiman). Show less

Don't forget the spoiler tags lads, I don't want to know the set list in advance. I'm going on Sept 17th so I probably won't be able to hold out that long without finding something out.

Has there been any talk of support acts? I'm guessing we'll be subjected to a new film that she'll have made especially for the shows.

Bv_ah2KIQAEEV7i.jpg

how are you getting on with your avoiding stuff?
Well I read the spoiler thread in the Kate Bush forum before the first gig and that mentioned two kinda obvious songs she going play, then someone mentioned another on Twitter today. I don't want to know any more, have to be very careful.

Oh, and I know about the 9th wave too

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back