Neil Young (1 Viewer)

What's your favourite 'recent' Neil Young album

• Total voters
did anyone go to see him with pearl jam in the RDS in 95? wasnt great. he had a huge big pipe organ (i think it had pipes) and of all the songs he could have chosen to play he played Mother Earth. what a waste. Im the Ocean was deadly though. the best bit was at the end when he had broken all the strings on his guitar and he took it off, flung it on the stage and stalked off as if he was in a stinking humour. he was entitled to be considering how bad pearl jam were. i caught the drummers drum stick - i still have it.

did anyone go to see him with pearl jam in the RDS in 95? wasnt great. he had a huge big pipe organ (i think it had pipes) and of all the songs he could have chosen to play he played Mother Earth. what a waste. Im the Ocean was deadly though. the best bit was at the end when he had broken all the strings on his guitar and he took it off, flung it on the stage and stalked off as if he was in a stinking humour. he was entitled to be considering how bad pearl jam were. i caught the drummers drum stick - i still have it.

yea, that wasn't great. neils pearl jam 'experiment' was shit imho

^I was going to post something similar to the Neil Young mailing list I'm on but they're a bit intense over there.

In an unrelatedly related note, I'm currently listening to a bootleg from the Trans tour and it's fucking deadly.

Sample and Hold live from Germany off of Youtube is fucking amazing.

It's a genre into itself.

Yeah, that German concert is great. The recording I have is from the US leg of the tour. Turns out they were pretty consistently good with that material. It's a pity none of it gets an airing anymore.

I was also listening to 1984 Crazy Horse bootleg and it's dire. Some decent songs (unreleased and ones that would later end up castrated on Landing on Water) but possibly the most out of key and sloppy playing I have ever heard from the Neil and the Horse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back