ISPs providing addresses of p2p users to the IRMA? (1 Viewer)

huh... so what... use a proxy? 5 seconds work?

Or is there better sites these days? I'm not a mad fan of looking for those ad-filled streaming websites.

or the networks cop on and stop the region nonsense in this day and age? ha just kidding.

Kavanagh, who is still chairman of Irma (the Irish Recorded Music Association), has been at the forefront of lobbying against illegal downloading for many years. “Through my work with Irma, Ireland to a large degree is now the poster boy for Europe for the amount of litigation we’ve done with ISPs [internet service providers].”
In 2011, he says, Irish copyright laws were changed by statutory instrument, allowing Irma to attack piracy via a three- pronged strategy: the legal snagging of peer-to-peer file-sharing, website blocking, and a URL delisting programme currently being developed with the assistance of Google (which Kavanagh estimates will be “fully operational by early September”).

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/m...in-ireland-sets-the-record-straight-1.1503797

Christ that man is clueless.

But sure a bit more censorship, why not. THE INTERNET IS TOTALLY OVER ANYWAY.

Last edited:
The Report of the Copyright Review Committee entitled “Modernising Copyright” was launched today, Tuesday 29th October 2013, by the Copyright Review Committee. A link to the Report is available below for your convenience:
http://www.djei.ie/publications/science/2013/CRC-Report.pdf

Please note that in welcoming the publication of the Report, Minister Sherlock announced the convening of a public forum at 5pm on the 9th December 2013 at the Royal Irish Academy on Dawson Street to allow the Committee to present its findings contained in the Report. If you would like to attend the forum, please register by sending an email to [email protected]. You can also post a submission on the Report at this email address also.

Intellectual Property Unit
Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation

Kids these days = squares

mbw-stats.jpg

Kids these days = squares

mbw-stats.jpg
Interesting but not wholly surprising. Unfortunate that the new model of Spotify/Youtube hardly remunerates artists any better.

I have actually noticed that it's actually a lot harder than it was a few years ago to find what you want through torrent sites. The odd time I try to replace an album where I've lost the physical copy I often can't find it. Particularly anything remotely obscure. Perhaps I'm a contrarian but this feels somehow worse. The Spotify model weighs heavily against up and coming musicians yet now I can't even get a copy of albums I've already purchased for my old iPod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back