• Thread starter jane
  • Start date
  • Replies 45
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 2

jane

Website
www.ittybittyhearingtrumpet.wordpress.com
I almost hesitate to post this because I'm worried everyone will go there and buy them up, and then when I go back later today to get more, they'll be gone, but the fragrant pears in the Asia Market on Drury St have to be the most incredible fruits on the entire planet.

They really do have a fragrance unlike most other fruits. They don't smell like they taste, but the smell actually adds to the flavour, if that makes any sense. A little pierce of the skin and they explode with the most refreshing, sweet, juiciness you could ever experience.

Nothing will knock blueberries from their throne as Most Perfect Food Ever, but the fragrant pear is my new best friend.

I just ate the last one from the bag, and I'm feeling sadder about it than I should.

YUMYUM fruit. I love it. I can and do eat it all day long.

kenneth_williams.jpg

HO HO HO!!!

Raspberrys.

Pain in the arse how much they cost though when out of season and brought from Dunnes.

Are fragrant pears the ones the look like pears but taste like apples or the other way round or am I thinking of something completely different(Japanese Pears)?

Cherries and blackberries. Blackberries with milk and sugar, dishlicious.

Oh blackberries are amazing to, going out and picking bowels and bowels of them from the hedges.

Anyone ever have a blackberry fight or is that just their abundance in the country kinda thing?

i hate the words fragrant and fragrance. it think its due to ryanair flight attendants babbling on about their selection of ladies and gents fragrances that are available to purchase in-flight from their stupid trolleys that will shortly be moving through the cabin. its fucking perfume.

blackberries are great. i bought a little tub last week for €5 and put them in the apple crumble.

That's a great prince gig right there.

Fruit is great, especially Starfruit.

because... well... Starfruit.

I had the best fruit in Taiwan :( Such delicious Lychee and Dragonfruit.

Fruit is great straight off the bush, tree or whatever when perfectly ripe and in season - other than that I'll take my fruit in alcoholic beverage form, thank you very much.

Boring info bit: The 5 a day recommendation should be veg only, kale has more vitamin c than oranges do weight for weight, and most fruit is mostly sugar (fructose is no healthier than sucrose - what we normally think of as sugar). Basically fruit is nature's sugary treat, fine in moderation, but not something you should try to live on.

Fruit is great straight off the bush, tree or whatever when perfectly ripe and in season - other than that I'll take my fruit in alcoholic beverage form, thank you very much.

Boring info bit: The 5 a day recommendation should be veg only, kale has more vitamin c than oranges do weight for weight, and most fruit is mostly sugar (fructose is no healthier than sucrose - what we normally think of as sugar). Basically fruit is nature's sugary treat, fine in moderation, but not something you should try to live on.

Exactly. I see people on FB doing a 'juice cleanse', like why not do a Lilt cleanse?
Pure sugar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back