Thread for Current pop songs you like (2 Viewers)

I'm gonna go listen to both songs now.

although I probably need to find a non-video version of Anaconda so as not to get fired

There has been a disturbance since Chet Atkins RCA Victor's Nashville division

Sure look sat Bobbie go

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

God, Taylor Swift has such an annoying face, song is good so far though

There has been a disturbance since Chet Atkins RCA Victor's Nashville division

Sure look sat Bobbie go

Ha

I was out a few weeks ago with two women I know and when I mentioned Iggy's Fancy they both started drunkenly singing this.

They knew all the words. It was deadly.

The Taylor song is the better of the two. Anaconda needs the video.
haha, yeah i had the non video one. The Taylor Swift one feels a bit try-hard to me. It's sounds great, well produced and all, but suffers from a two note melody or something, "De de de de DEEEE, de de de de DEEE".

haha, yeah i had the non video one. The Taylor Swift one feels a bit try-hard to me. It's sounds great, well produced and all, but suffers from a two note melody or something, "De de de de DEEEE, de de de de DEEE".

Turn Down For What is still the song of the summer for me, along with Fancy.
This could have been a contender with an earlier release. But I don't know what kind of legs it has.

Turn Down For What is still the song of the summer for me, along with Fancy.
This could have been a contender with an earlier release. But I don't know what kind of legs it has.
I quite like Fancy alright, not really sure what to make of Turn Down For What. Makes a good shoutalong anyway.

somebody had to do it. this is really good.

Up to 2 minutes is great but the next bit is far to close to Girlfriend by Avril Lavine And no powerstep in the outro ? C'Mon that chorus is crying out for a powerstep.

Like the video though. Reminds me of something from the 80's like a bangles thing or something.

The Katy Perry one is good, the No Big Deal hook is great but its chorus is nowhere near as catchy as her other stuff.

I just don't get Turn Down For What it's like someone got one beat and a load of guitar pedals for christmas. The video is compensating for a lot. It's dross pure and simple. Awful.

Up to 2 minutes is great but the next bit is far to close to Girlfriend by Avril Lavine
Or Hollaback Girl, or Hey Ya. I think it's just worse than all 3 of them. I'm being very negative though, it's alright like.

Like the video though. Reminds me of something from the 80's like a bangles thing or something.

The video is an incredible example of "we need four minutes and one second composed entirely of 5 second gifworthy segments, make it happen"

Or Hollaback Girl, or Hey Ya. I think it's just worse than all 3 of them. I'm being very negative though, it's alright like.

Yeah but it's nowhere near as good as any of those though therefore it brings fuck all to the party. Well no it brings a bottle of wine when the rest of them have brought Jameson, Hendrix and Bucky.

The video is an incredible example of "we need four minutes and one second composed entirely of 5 second gifworthy segments, make it happen"

So is Turn Down For What though.

My lady just did a world cup of this thread Cheryl Cole (More accurately her production team) won it in the final against Ella Henderson. Ariana Grande pipped Taylor Swift in the 3rd/4th place play off. Although the golden boot for something she might actually buy went to Banks and the golden Glove for best video was Turn Down For What (Of course) It was a great tournament.

Here's the rules we played by

Best pop song i.e makes you want to dance.

Blind fold your judge.

Each song gets a verse and a chorus to impress them.

4 at a time and only the top song goes through to the next round.

Banks got a tough draw against the wrecking machine of Cheryl Cole. Turn Down For What and Pu$$y went out with the lowest goal difference. i.e they took a hammering.

Wasn't mad on it at first but liked it more as it went along, must have gotten used to the production.

Standout track on first listen is this:

plus, it samples Boney M!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back