Cork Punx Picnic and Gig, Sept 20th. mixed genres of punk bands line up (1 Viewer)

bohs punks

Website
Visit site
First annual Cork Punx Picnic

Picnic 2-6 in a lovely small discreet park on the Northside of Cork ( message me for details or ask around for the moment til the cops arrange their overtime for that weekend)

Picnic will have free Food but bring some if ya want, bring drink, distros / zines, Ghettoblasters ( not that the northsides a ghetto mind), we'll have Tug o War, Giant Jenga, chatting, having the craic, meeting new people. Open to all ages, bring kids if ya want.

6-8 Video showing about Chiapas / Zapatistas in the LV

Then a gig from 8 til late - ADM 5 euro - donations over that welcome

Mixed genres of punk gig in the function room of the LV (not the lounge) over 18's with

Section 4 - Ballina Oi

Bisect - Raging Cork Hardcore

The Dodgy Few - Dublin Ska

Putrefaction - dublin crust leg ends!
-
plus DJ Dolores Flores Oi, Punk, Ska etc.

Other punks picnics in ireland over the years? i know, Courtown punks picnci, Drumacanoo Punks picnic, New Ross punks picnic, drogheda punks picnic. surely there was a dublin one at some stage?

yes, i only have a low-resolution copy of it cos i nicked it off someone else's myspace

Last edited:
I think there was meant to be a Picnic in Dublin in Fairview but it got rained off, I nearly got a box of Mickey for knocking over his and Fiona's guitar cases!

Gig is no won in Mr Bradleys instead as its much better with stage etc than the lv for gigs. line up the same but we are charging 6 euro as we have three out of town bands to cover travel costs for.

10653851_785310808187081_533663148166417939_n.jpg

gonna be a big crowd at this, should be a great day.

Picnic is on here from 3-7
its a nice walk out from town or a shorter walk from the train station (20 mins) , there'll be lifts back to the city centre at 7 for those who have had a few and are feeling lazy. theres a car park across the road if your driving. ill be passing through the city around 2.30 if anyone wants a spin out in the van let me know and ill send you my number.
Millennium Gardens - Cork | Yelp

Please note change of park : cork punks picnic today from 3 til 7 at mardyke across from skateboard ramp, just before cork cricket grounds and Fitzgerald park. The rain of yesterday has stopped, its overcast but fingers crossed! Dolores Flores from Las Vegas gets the music going at 8 in Bradley's

this was a huge success, loads of people in the park for the picnic, even more for the gig, the bands were great , everyone was in good form and the rain stayed away. the sunday morning /afternoon / evening follow on through was deadly too. Thanks to everyone who helped, came along, played, etc etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back