Songs that you forgot you loved... (2 Viewers)

Really there's only four Alice Cooper records I like,but they are amazing. Killer,Love It To Death,Schools Out and Billion Dollar Babies.

I got into them and the B-52's simultaneously when I was about 18. I think it was the weirdness of Cheap Trick that won me over, the classic rock bits took longer.

I have heard this song about 10 times this weekend on the radio. David Gilmore of Pink Floyd discovered her? At least that's what some dude on the radio just said. i didn't know that before. I forgot how emotional this song was, I know it's suppose to be uplifting but it's also sad.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Am listening to the first Portishead album for the first time i'd say since about 1999. All of this.

I remember sitting up on the roof of our apartment block in the summer of '95 with a mate of mine who was going on about how Maxinquaye was a better album than Dummy, to which I replied "You might say that now, but people will still be listening to Dummy in 20 years time."

I shall endeavour to track him down and show him this thread forthwith.

I remember sitting up on the roof of our apartment block in the summer of '95 with a mate of mine who was going on about how Maxinquaye was a better album than Dummy, to which I replied "You might say that now, but people will still be listening to Dummy in 20 years time."

I shall endeavour to track him down and show him this thread forthwith.
I think it's really nice of Portishead to have only released one album between when I stopped listening to them and Electric Picnic next week. Makes it real easy for me

I think it's really nice of Portishead to have only released one album between when I stopped listening to them and Electric Picnic next week. Makes it real easy for me

Ooh, you haven't heard Third? I don't really like the others but think that one is amazing, I envy you your first listenings

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back