Transit Flights Dublin Airport (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggest you read the paragraph ..Inherent Risks
What is your experience of transit passengers at Dublin airport ?

Was that aimed at me? The Inherent Risks section appears to be written by someone who has no experience of online bookings, or travel in general. Passport information is required to make a booking, and is checked prior to boarding. There are other checks in place too. Ports and the boarder from NI provide much greater risks than airports.

With regard to my experience, it is in a professional capacity as well as a personal one. As opposed to some theory that flights are like buses or trains that anyone with money for a ticket can board at will.

The article callum fox posted is over two years old, so does not reflect the current reality.

It is also worth noting that the same author thinks we should relax our visa rules.

Migration Policy in Ireland: 07/10/14

"In my view Ireland should extend the Visa Waver Program to all nationalities, and should also include visas issued by the Schengen states and the USA.
The same rules could apply, i.e. that Ireland grants admission to business or tourist visitors who are in possession of a valid UK or USA or Schengen Visa, and who have already lawfully entered the UK/USA/Schengen Zone on that visa, for up to 3 months or until their visa runs out, whichever is the shorter."

The article callum fox posted is over two years old, so does not reflect the current reality.

It is also worth noting that the same author thinks we should relax our visa rules.

Migration Policy in Ireland: 07/10/14

"In my view Ireland should extend the Visa Waver Program to all nationalities, and should also include visas issued by the Schengen states and the USA.
The same rules could apply, i.e. that Ireland grants admission to business or tourist visitors who are in possession of a valid UK or USA or Schengen Visa, and who have already lawfully entered the UK/USA/Schengen Zone on that visa, for up to 3 months or until their visa runs out, whichever is the shorter."

What is the current reality then ??

What is the current reality then ??

Only one page ago and you've already forgotten...

I'm familiar with the procedures at the airport regarding transfers. If a passenger doesn't show for their onward flight there are notification and investigation procedures in place (which vary depending on the origin of the passenger and their visa rights or lack of).

I doubt you have any real experience of working there judging by your 'smart' comments.

What you think one has to do with the other I don't know, but I don't work there. I work for one of the agencies who regulate and oversee them, and the other airports in Ireland. The standards are constantly being revised, and protocols changing, to reflect new risks, new technology in forgeries etc.

However, it is a free country, and you can think whatever you like, including that airport and border security standards are so stagnant that they wouldn't have changed in 2 years.

Journey from hell to an uncertain future abroad - Independent.ie

An interesting link that exposes the multiple use of an Irish passport .In Paris or Brussels the transit area is closed so the passport is only checked by the airline not immigration. The first port of entry rule does not apply.In London the procedure is more strict .I had my passport checked and a photo taken 2 times.The number of 'new Irish' citizens are 68K in 3 years adds to the problem. I suspect the airlines from African countries are lax as fines are not imposed .A little bribe helps too.

What you think one has to do with the other I don't know, but I don't work there. I work for one of the agencies who regulate and oversee them, and the other airports in Ireland. The standards are constantly being revised, and protocols changing, to reflect new risks, new technology in forgeries etc.

However, it is a free country, and you can think whatever you like, including that airport and border security standards are so stagnant that they wouldn't have changed in 2 years.

Ahem if you read through the site properly there is an updated comment section from the site owner .

so the whole point of sock puppet accounts is to try to make it appear that there's support for your posts. if you are too dim to disguise your second account it's completely pointless and makes you look like even more of a sap.

so the whole point of sock puppet accounts is to try to make it appear that there's support for your posts. if you are too dim to disguise your second account it's completely pointless and makes you look like even more of a sap.
On this forum there are 4 different ways to login SAP.

so it's probably time for a new fake account

call it 'the subnormal ramblings of an inept racist' so we know who you are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back