Six Nations 2014 (1 Viewer)

Or by injecting horse placenta. I mean think about it if that's legal then what do we expect ?

100% agree. Hang out at altitude for a bit. Use a cryo-chamber. Even the pain-killer tramadol. None of those are illegal and all are arguably 'performance-enhancing'. Fuck it sure you could extend the argument to taking an energy gel or eating a banana.

Absolutely theres a grey area there.

Conversely you could argue theres nothing wrong with blood doping. Its your own blood after all and theres most likely no banned substances in there.

Honestly I have no idea how or where or why they make the rules as they do. The majority of doping doctors believe they are helping athlete's (particularly endurance athletes) health by juicing them. Thats how they can lie as brazenly as they do.

If there was a major doping positive in soccer I don't get the impression there would be any sense of outrage among soccer people. Even in cycling, which is rotten as fuck, the outrage only comes if you thought the cyclist was a wanker to begin with. Thats why people are so forgiving of Contador yet are baying for Chris Froome's head on a platter.

Its all fucked up.

Fucking hell

A DOZEN ARMED men attacked French rugby union internationals Aurelien Rougerie, Julien Pierre and Benjamin Kayser with machetes as they walked back to their hotel at night, their club, Clermont, has confirmed.

Pierre, who with Rougerie was in the French team that lost the 2011 Rugby World Cup final, was to undergo surgery on “deep cuts” to his hip. All three were rushed to hospital after the attack in the southern town of Millau, but none of their injuries were life-threatening, the club added.

“As they walked back to their hotel overnight Saturday, a group of players was assaulted by a dozen people carrying weapons including machetes, sabres,” a Clermont statement read.

The players were briefly staying in Millau before leaving for a training camp. Police said the incident took place at around 3:00am after the players went to a nightclub, where they may have rowed with other revellers.

No one was immediately detained. The club — one of the best in France — said Kayser and Rougerie had both sustained injuries on their arms and denounced an “extremely violent” incident.

The entire club is deeply shocked and outraged by these acts and will bring all the necessary support to local authorities who have launched a probe.”
Rougerie is Clermont’s captain and has 77 caps for France. Kayser has played 24 times for France and Pierre has 27 caps. The Top 14 side reached the semi-final of the Heineken Cup last season but were defeated at Twickenham by Saracens.

- © AFP, 2014

How widespread is that?
Athletics and cycling is all I know of. As the article says the testing in soccer is not carried out independently (by WADA or USADA) but by the federations themselves. Theres barely any testing in a lot of sports such as golf, tennis, basketball, etc, so no way they're part of it.

Biological passport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

you'd think they'd force all sports (olympic sports anyway) to sign up.

some golfer called Dustin Johnston has received a 6-month ban for failing his THIRD dope test.

Thats kind of like how cycling was in the 80s. 1st offence: 10 minute time penalty in whatever race you're in. 2nd offence: thrown off whatever race you're in. 3rd offence: 6 months in the doghouse.

GO GOLF!

Cocaine though. Is that used much in sports? Probably it was more recreational use. His first failed dope test was for marijuana.

some golfer called Dustin Johnston has received a 6-month ban for failing his THIRD dope test.

Thats kind of like how cycling was in the 80s. 1st offence: 10 minute time penalty in whatever race you're in. 2nd offence: thrown off whatever race you're in. 3rd offence: 6 months in the doghouse.

GO GOLF!

Oh did he test positive? I heard about some of his statement where he said he was taking time off to address some personal issues.

Oh, here's the quote "seek professional help for personal challenges I have faced"

Cocaine though. Is that used much in sports? Probably it was more recreational use. His first failed dope test was for marijuana.
almost certainly not performance enhancing. But both coke and hash are on the banned list. Agreed the bans shouldn't be as harsh as PEDs but this is his 3rd offence. Should be 2 years at least IMO

Oh did he test positive? I heard about some of his statement where he said he was taking time off to address some personal issues.

Oh, here's the quote "seek professional help for personal challenges I have faced"
Didn't the same thing happen Tiger Woods a few years back? He took some 'time off' and the rumour was that he had failed a drugs test.

Apparently golf don't readily announce their positives. They're all about protecting the image of the sport, hence what happened here.

Even moreso now with golf's inclusion in the next olympics.

The PGA Tour are denying the ban is drug related. But, as you say, that doesn't say much. There are also rumours he's been involved with the wives of two tour players. Maybe it's not drugs and, like Tiger, he got a dose of the sex addiction and needs some time to recover.

4TFQEIa.jpg

oh hai

...cough...Dr.Fuentes...cough...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back