Water Charges (1 Viewer)

ann post sept 15th 2011 said:
i think arthurs day is like the beacon light of the future that ireland is facing. basically ireland is going to be a bit like tank girl in the future, one company controlling water and power (which is what we use essentially to sustain our earthly bodies). the esb is inching towards total privateness and the water system moving to a metered system. arthurs day are essentially the first private company to establish basically a national holiday based totally on private industry, the parent company also are fucking ireland up the hole in terms of making it almost impossible to set up a brewery here, and if you do, they will fuck over the bars that accept your product. when you can pull that shit off you can do anything. ireland is a test bed country for this kinda craic. once our stuff is privatised multinationals will use the legal and societal experience to work on a slightly bigger country and carry on untill the whole developed world is a private concern. the spineless fuckwit politicians that are bred into being big thick fucks in this country only know how to do one thing, and that is to suck lobbyists balls and take any amount of public flak for a little brown envelope, and they are of no use to us or our grandchildren.

actually fuck the TIN FOIL HAT alert. i 100% believe that is the future and i'm right.

Welcome to the CER

The CER is Ireland’s independent energy regulator with a range of economic, customer and safety functions. The CER is also the economic regulator of Ireland’s public water system.

You heard it here first folks!!

i have no ideological issue with paying for water, but i do have an issue with it taking irish water eight months to resolve a very simple issue.
they appear to have *no* internal escalation processes, or staff training.

i have no ideological issue with paying for water, but i do have an issue with it taking irish water eight months to resolve a very simple issue.
they appear to have *no* internal escalation processes, or staff training.
I agree to a point. What I have a problem with though is not knowing where the vast amount of tax I pay from my salary now goes. It used to go towards water treatment and amenities and services in my area. Now I pay specific charges for those but the tax rate hasn't dropped any. So where does that go? And how can they charge motor tax AND have toll roads? Is that not a double-taxation?

The government are a shower of complete cunts who just make shit up as they go along.

Don't get me started on the LTP and how it is in no way related to one's ability to pay. ABSOLUTE FUCKING CUNTS and I hope every one of them rots in hell. Especially Phil Hogan. CUNT.

LPT should not be related to ability to pay, it's designed to tax rent seeking.
and i'd agree with you wholeheartedly re motor tax - there has been an open goal missed time after time with not introducing consumption based taxation.
plus, toll roads themselves are unfair even if you agree with the idea of tolling motorways. five out of the seven guys i work with use the M50 to get to work. none of them pay the west link toll.

Don't get me started on the LTP and how it is in no way related to one's ability to pay.

because my primary income/source of staying alive is disability benefit by default I don't actually earn enough to pay the thing. So instead it stacks up like a loan @4% interest that I have to start paying when I earn above a certain threshold.

Also because I have shared ownership mortgage I am no liable to pay the registration fee.

Neither of these things stopped them sending me two years of threatening legal letters.

I can't think for a second that the legal fees to send those letters and to pay for staff to make calls is ever going to represent value for money for citizens.

In terms of rage Its completely off the scale in relation to the position they put me in. I don't even like thinking about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back