The World Cup (1 Viewer)

Retiring from international football is one of the greatest pieces of fucking bullshit that modern football has foisted upon us.

You serve at the pleasure of your country. Not when it fucking suits you.
Typical I sing the cunts praises for half the thread and then he pulls this. Maybe should start celebrating Steven Gerrard.

Retiring from international football is one of the greatest pieces of fucking bullshit that modern football has foisted upon us.

You serve at the pleasure of your country. Not when it fucking suits you.

Fuck that, international football is a hobby at best and a nixer at worst.

Because there's no money in it?

Well Lahm got €350k for the past month so not quite. But I don't buy the whole it's an honour/obligation to represent your country, these people are footballers, not soldiers. It's not like the team is an organ of the state, in fact if it were FIFA would ban them, it's about the only thing they do right.

I think when you've just captained your team to the World Cup, it's fair to say that you've served your country well. Fair play to the Lahmster. He's always been there, doing his thing. I doubt there's one German having this conversation.

If a player wants to retire from international football, that's their prerogative. There's a million reasons why the might want to, and Phil doesn't really have to explain himself to any of us. I didn't see any kind of furore when Fred announced he wasn't playing for Brazil again. Why's that?

Toni Kroos has no ambition. World's Greatest Club (tm) come calling and he chooses to be second banana to Ronaldo? Square.

Why would Rooney make a good captain for England? I don't get it. What leadership qualities does have beyond appearing on the cover of FIFA?

brazil2014facepalm.jpg

Ah, he took a break while he wasn't getting picked for Ireland anyway on the understanding that he'd be available once he was back playing for Everton. Great analogy to Lahm!

Ah, he took a break while he wasn't getting picked for Ireland anyway on the understanding that he'd be available once he was back playing for Everton. Great analogy to Lahm!
No, he retired. He said he was retiring then decided he wasn't, decided to return once he was settled.

He was a regular in the side at the time, I think he called it a day around the time Keane came back and then came back in around the the same stage when Roy Keane called it quits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back