Minor Pleasures (3 Viewers)

When I was 17, I worked near the Tayto factory in Coolock during the summer holidays. One morning a huge truck full of potatoes jack knifed, spewing tonnes of potatoes down a hill, all over the road. Local kids were scullin drivers with loose potatoes all morning. It was highly amusing at the time...

Edit: It's a long way from posh crisps I was reared!

Precisely.

I have worked on the largo foods factory site in Ashbourne in Meath. They're all made in the same spot and the same spuds and all go in.

No way are they the same crisp though. They may be made with the same spuds but processed slightly differently. Unless all the dud crips are quarantined and packaged as Tayto?

I've given up crisps...
Whenever I'm hungover (alas, too often) I have, HAVE, to eat a pack of king salt and vinegar and drink a can of coke.

My new vehicle.

d43864c90df075c94489ddbe4ca5ffe9eb06ef5696c06d907f51ea7883de7c9e.jpg

The front bumper looks like it won't get over speed bumps. Don't go near Crumlin. Generally good advise even if not car related.

also it looks like The Watchmen's weekend mobile.
I drove it last weekend in a parking lot. It's so much fun. It's a glorified moped. I'm on back roads where I won't be going fast and only using it a few times a week for short distances.

First day off in weeks. Going to get a haircut, listen to some records and go for a cycle. Might even play some video games.

No video games but successful haircut followed by sushi and comic shopping. Then a 50 km cycle through the Wicklow hills with my friend and a Godspeed marathon on the record player. Now a James Bond movie.

Woke up this morning to a great email from Google alerts - Iris Dement will be releasing her album of Anna Akhmatova poems set to music fairly soon, possibly November.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back