Cinemagoing (1 Viewer)

No, what I'm saying is that I don't think most of those films are worth seeing in the cinema. A lot of them would be worth catching on tv some night but aren't MUST SEE movies.

Going the cinema these days involves spending the guts of a tenner (although I'm trying to find cheaper options these days), sitting through 20-25 minutes of tv advertisements and hoping that there are no chatty cunts or texters. The smaller movies which get the good reviews just don't seem like they are worth watching on the big screen (in my opinion) and then the larger scale budgeted pictures tend to be painfully stupid and time wasting (generally speaking).
Dude. You need to post more.

For certain films, a full house adds to the experience. I still remember the buzz in the place during Pulp Fiction all those years ago. Great craic.
Way back when I used to work in the UCI in blanchardstown. When I was an usher on Saturday night and all the customers were dressed up and the screens full it was the best feeling working there. You'd swear I was working in Hollywood in the Golden Age of Cinema by my eagerness those nights.

For certain films, a full house adds to the experience. I still remember the buzz in the place during Pulp Fiction all those years ago. Great craic.

I saw Wolf Of Wall Street in a packed cinema.

Half the enjoyment of that movie was listening to women in the audience SHRIEKING with laughter all around the cinema during the raunchier bits of dialogue.

I went to see this horror film last year, can't remember what it was called, one of those exorcism ones like, but it was totally hilarious because there was a group of 2 guys and girls beside me, about 18-ish, that were screaming out loud any time anything remotely scary happened. It was amazing craic, cause I was just laughing at them and they'd start laughing straight after, then start screaming again.

I really like the lighthouse as a cinema but I don't know what annoys me more, the fact that it's a praise retweeter or all the praise it retweets comes from assholes who not only name the cinema but also at it in their tweets as part of an effort to establish their personal brand as a person who goes to the cool arthouse cinema.

I really like the lighthouse as a cinema but I don't know what annoys me more, the fact that it's a praise retweeter or all the praise it retweets comes from assholes who not only name the cinema but also at it in their tweets as part of an effort to establish their personal brand as a person who goes to the cool arthouse cinema.

Ha! I'm guilty of that! I mainly do it 'cause I like the Lighthouse and a particular film and want to let people know. But if I'm honest, I'd never tweet about Cineworld! I also crave validation/ favourites/ re-tweets, which I know I'll get in the case of the Lighthouse. I don't know what I've become to be honest.

Ha! I'm guilty of that! I mainly do it 'cause I like the Lighthouse and a particular film and want to let people know. But if I'm honest, I'd never tweet about Cineworld! I also crave validation/ favourites/ re-tweets, which I know I'll get in the case of the Lighthouse. I don't know what I've become to be honest.

Dead to me

Whelan's is another that's a pain in the hole for it too.

Do you ever tweet about a place or a brand you like, using the @ or # symbols?
Just curious. Most of my tweets include them. For me, it's what Twitter is for. Although, I have to admit, over doing the positive re-tweets looks terrible. Replys or responses look more sincere.

Do you ever tweet about a place or a brand you like, using the @ or # symbols?
Just curious. Most of my tweets include them. For me, it's what Twitter is for. Although, I have to admit, over doing the positive re-tweets looks terrible. Replys or responses look more sincere.

I think just about the only time I at someone or something in the third person is so that is to provide context/an idea of where people can go if interested to know more about it. I might say something like "Went to see ATnameofband tonight, thought they were good" or whatever, and I never use hashtags for events, or campaigning, or anything like that.

With respect, life will be a lot better for you when you stop giving a shit what people like or do.
Let it flow past you like an outdoor fart. Your time in this world will be better.

Looks like they had no sets built.

Clock tower had no clock

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

so I went to this on Saturday night and had a really good time. yes, it was £55 for a ticket and £4 for a 330ml can of Bud and £20 for a bottle of wine but there were DeLoreans speeding around and some really well put together stunts involving skateboards and Libyans and that was all good enough for me.

and then i watched Back to the Future 2 on ITV 2 yesterday evening and that was very good as well.

so I went to this on Saturday night and had a really good time. yes, it was £55 for a ticket and £4 for a 330ml can of Bud and £20 for a bottle of wine but there were DeLoreans speeding around and some really well put together stunts involving skateboards and Libyans and that was all good enough for me.

and then i watched Back to the Future 2 on ITV 2 yesterday evening and that was very good as well.

Nice one

10593089_549421568516993_7137393151359539639_n.png

Nice.

I just got a membership for my local art house cinema. £40 for the year and you get discounted tickets and food, free screenings and previews. It pays for itself almost immediately

Right.

I just joined the Harvard Film Archive so i could see your mate Friedkin - $55 for the year and you get three free screenings and queue jumping for twelve months.
Pretty much pays for itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back